How to find chkbox is checked or not

Hi,
I have a checkbox (the checkbox smartclip available in Flash5)
on a movieclip that is tehre in my main timeline. I want to trap teh event when the checkbox is checked … and if it is checked want to call loadvariables function…

How do i trap the event??
i would appreciate any help…
I tried some ways,… but no way…

thanks,
shilps

Hmm I just did it in MX and tried to save it as Flash 5 but it loses some settings so doesn’t work - so I can’t post a fla.

You use a function - the change handler that you assign to the check box. For example a check box called checkBox:

change handler called “checked”:

function checked() {
if (checkBox.getValue()) {
trace("Checked"); // change this to your code
}
}

So when it was checked it would trace “checked” or whatever code you substitute.

Well, if you’re using the MX checkbox component, Flex, no wonder it’s not working with Flash 5 :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, shilpi, we can help you if you don’t tell us how you built your checkbox…

pom :asian:

I know that pom - That’s why I posted the code. And:

Seriously, shilpi, we can help you if you don’t tell us how you built your checkbox…

Whats wrong with that statement? Explanations from people on the board are vague enough as it is!

I was tired… [SIZE=1]even though a Jedi is not supposed to be tired…[/SIZE]

So OK, scene 1, let’s do it again, guys!!!
Camera rolling and… ACTION!

shilpi:“Dude, my checkbox is not working. Do you know why?”
Flex:“Sure, here is some Flash MX code that you won’t be able to use with Flash 5.”
pom:“Oh, come on! Seriously, shilpi, we cannot help you if you don’t tell us how you built your checkbox…”

Better? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

- Heres a better vader

*Originally posted by shilpi *
(the checkbox smartclip available in Flash5)
Please forget everything I said :x :crazy: