How to make a site like this?

You want the exact replica of that site, is that it ??

pom 0]

LOL!
you guys are too much! I’m a new flasher myself <<flashing hehe jk>> but I learned HTML web development from scratch. I remember I had such a difficult time at first because nobody seemed to be able to really tell me what I wanted to do… books, people, movies etc.

Although I think of myself as a pretty good HTML developer I feel like i’m back at square one with Flash.
I really think that Antwerp site is awesome but I believe that if you learn to build one your own way by yourself you will be so much more satisfied… this is why I like web development so much, because everything is possible as long as you use your own imagination and keep persevering… good luck!!!

BubbleSnow :slight_smile:
www.bubblesnow.net

I just out gave the code… :rolleyes:

pom 0]

not fair :frowning: i looked around Kirupa and i didn’t find a way to do the cute little faces you guys use :frowning: i’m sad

BubbleSnow

Funny, I had the same problem… a few months ago. No need to tell you that noone helped me find it.

pom 0]

roflmao… you know Pom… it’s this kind of thing that actually bugs me more than someone using the word retard (as in the other forum where I went off on someone)

Here’s my advice to the newb who started this: You should be doing far more than thanking Pom endlessly… you should send him a F@$#ing paycheck. We are doing this in our spare time and we all work for a living… that is… to FEED OURSELVES.

Why on earth, people think that we really have the time to do this kind of thing is beyond me. We’re here to train you, and will explain anything we can, again for FREE… and we’re better than most sites at it… we provide slow, compasionate help for those who are willing to put in even an ounce of effort… However, EVERY ONE OF US wants to do this for a living… so any requests for free work being done is obsurd. If we DO happen to take the time to do something free… don’t post “Please please please please help me”. We’ll get to it when we have a chance from our own busy schedules. We’ll get to it IF we have a chance and you better be satisfied to WAIT FOR IT UNTIL WE GET A CHANCE.

Well that’s the end of my rant… except to say that you should be ashamed of yourself.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr…

… ok well rereading that I have to say that sounds more harsh than I would want it to… but I really do mean everything I say above.

I guess that I just have to add this…

There is nothing wrong with looking here to see if something can be done for you. I’ve worked on a few projects for people, at no cost other than my time… just be aware that time is money. I appreciate highly the time that Pom has been putting in here at Kirupa because it’s freed time up for me to work on my own projects. Most of what I’ve been working on for five months now is a set of tutorials for people in your possition… complete newbies who are looking to understand this stuff. So, when you take time from Pom’s good work here, it bugs me because it means that the 40 or so questions he would have answered for the benefit of everyone, has instead been spent working on something for a single person. When you don’t, or can’t put in the elbow grease necessary to learn Flash, it’s even worse, because any one of us, or all of us would be happy to write up how to accomplish all of the peices of that site, set by step… then everyone would read it, and everyone would learn from it.

So I say shame on you because you need to learn that nothing is free in this world… and if you do happen to find something which is, like Pom’s wonderful help here, try your best to not ruin it for everyone else. Be patient, and learn what you can youself… sometimes in order to have something cool up on the web, you just have to wait, and learn how to do it yourself.

(for the record… a site like the one you mentioned would cost you at least a thousand dollars to have made by one of us designers… so that’s a thousand dollars worth of thanks that you owe Pom if he does it for you.)

ok… now I’ll stop… I just don’t want someone going away from here with a bad impression of us. We’re trying to be helpful every day, for as many people as possible.

Thanks Upu, you said what I was unable to say.

Amen!

thnx pom

Merci Beaucoup!