How to send information from txt box to server?

How would you send information that a user inputs in a flash text box (such as an e-mail) to a txt file in the server?\r\rthis is what I am thinking\r\rMake a dynamic text box and name it “e-mail”\rmake a button and on the button put this…\r\ron (release) {\rloadVariables (“e-mail” , vars=POST)\r\rI am little lost okay am very lost.\r\rWhere does it post to, and Do I need to tell it to create a file, and will the file be written over if some else sends something.\r\rAll help would be great, because I am lost :frowning:

You got it, man. One thing, though : I don’t think that you need to actually write vars=POST. POST alone should work. About your following questions, for example if you use PHP, there will be a variable called $email that you’ll be able to use as you like : put it in a file, in a DB, or whatever…\rpom 0]

Thanks,\r\rOkay so when it post’s what does that do where does it go, and how do I access the post? \r\rFirst time doing this thank you for helping,\rMatt

Let’s take the example of a mailer. Let’s say that you put 3 input boxes in your scene, and that you name them “address”, “subject” and “message”.\rYou’ll have to put a button with the code : \ron (release) {\r&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp loadVariablesNum (“mailer.php”, 0, “POST”);\r&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp }\r\rNow let’s take a look at that mailer.php file : basically, it’s :\r<? $mailheaders = "From: <$adress>
";\r&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp $mailheaders .= "Reply-To: <$Your_address>

";\r&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp $msg = "$Message

";\r&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp // function that sends your message\r&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp mail($Adr_Envoi, $Sujet, $msg, $mailheaders);\r?>\r\rThis is basically how you get the data from Flash. To have the whole file, just check a post concerning a mailer somewhere on this board.\r\rpom 0]

thanks for youe explanation. :slight_smile: \r\rWhat I am trying to do is create a mailing list. so a user inputs their e-mail address and then we get it and send them something. With this in mind do I even need to use php? or would it be just easier to use getURL mailto: method?\r\rThanks for all your help and I will look back at the older post to see if I can glean more information from them\r\rThanks again,\rMatt