Howd he do this? Resizing slideshow

Hi, I just got into this thread and was doing some experimenting with v3.zip. I read a post that said you could use this resizer to load swf’s instead of images and I wanted try it out, but I’ve found a hickup I can’t grasp. If I let the resizer movie autoload the first external swf file I can’t get it to load any other swf file, i.e. when I click the next buttons in my menu nothing happens. Now when I don’t allow the resizer movie to autoload an swf I can click on any of the menu buttons to load any of my swf’s, but after that swf is loaded I am then in the same situation of clicking menu buttons with no response. This makes me think that maybe it’s nested timeline issue? I’m using all the defaults from V3. Is there anything I should do in regards to keeping the timelines correctly separted when loading swf’s into the resizer movie? -or- If that’s not the issue, any ideas on what could be causing the resizer to only load one swf?

PS

Just so I’m crystal clear, I’ve made no changes to the V3 code. I’ve only changed the file names in the XML file to point to my swf’s. When I use jpegs the resizer movie works perfectly.

Thanks in advance,
Dekker

I am fairly new to Flash programming and brand new to this thread. It has been a tremendous help as I have started getting together some family photos. I have mainly been working with V3, and I’m hoping to add a couple of things. How would I go about using 2 new buttons (or MC’s acting as buttons), to navigate ahead to thumbs 11-20 (or 21-30), or backward to the previous thumbnails? I imagine it will involve changing the thumbs within the nav control, and I am a little unsure on how to best accomplish my goal. Anyway, thanks again for the info provided so far, and thanks in advance for any help. I can attach my .fla if it would help.

Thanks

Okay, I figured it out. The resizer won’t properly load swf’s that have been exported in Flash 7 player, only 6 or below. If you try to load a Flash 7 swf file then the entire movie freezes up. just FYI about an issue. It took a long night of experimenting to figure out that the error was in the export settings, lol!

Hello from Sweden
Thats my first post in this GREAT forum…I play with “resizeBorder_V2” and I have two questions
1.Is it posible that the images of the thumbnails are loading external via xml like the pictures?

2.I have see at: http://www.amivitale.com 2 nice effects…
On RollOver the thumbs are loading a image and it apears a blue information arrow that (if you rollOver) show a textinfo about the photo

is this posible to include this in resizeBorder_V2

Regards and sorry for my bad english

Vman, very nice site. This is almost exactly what I’d like to do with my family photos. I am fairly new to Flash programming and brand new to this thread. It has been a tremendous help. I have mainly been working with V3, but I’m hoping to add a couple of things like the menu you used to navigate to other thumbs and sets of pictures. If I could get a copy of your source (.fla and whatever else), I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any help. I can attach my .fla if it would help.

Thanks

mathdaddy,
Thanks for the comp. Unfortunately, I won’t be around my computer till next Sunday as I am on vacation. I’ll post something when I get back. Just didn’t want you to think I was ignoring you.

This works: Create a clip or button with instance of stop and one for start. Also these functions disable the appropriate instances, thus “start” cannot be clicked more than once. There are no prev/next buttons.

Global var is the key here.

[AS]

function slideshow(){
if (cur == 0) {
containerMC.loadPic(pArray.length-1);
} else {
containerMC.loadPic(cur-1);
}
};

start.onRelease = function () {
start.enabled = 0;
stop.enabled = 1;
_global.slideInterval = setInterval(slideshow, 2000);
}

stop.onRelease = function () {
start.enabled = 1;
stop.enabled = 0;
clearInterval(slideInterval);
}

[/AS]

-rm

I’ve noticed that after changing the gallery.xml file Mozilla caches the xml data until the browser is shut down and restarted. I found this solution to the problem which might be useful to others:

[AS]

// Prevents caching of loaded files (TXTs, SWFs, XMLs etc…)
String.prototype.noCache = function(){
if ((_root._URL.substr(0,5)).toLowerCase()!=“file:”){
if(this.indexOf("?")==-1){
return this+="?noCache="+(new Date().getTime());
}else{ return this+="&noCache="+(new Date().getTime());
}
}else{ return this;
}
}

gallery_xml.load(“gallery.xml”.noCache());

[/AS]

this is the best thread ever i vonder if ther is any one out ther thet knows hov to change the fade to somting like this.

http://www.ronmacphoto.com/

/M

yes of course that’s brightOffset

here add this to yur movie…

brightOffset();
}
};
}

MovieClip.prototype.brightOffset = function(alpha){
this.c = new Color(this.containerMC)
this.o = {rb:100,gb:100,bb:100}
this.up = true
this.onEnterFrame = function(){
if(this.containerMC._alpha < 100){
this.containerMC._alpha += 10
}
if(this.up == false){
this.o.rb -= 10
this.o.bb -= 10
this.o.gb -= 10
} else {
if(this.o.rb < 255){
this.o.rb *= 1.5
this.o.bb *= 3
this.o.gb *= 1.5
} else {
this.o = {rb:255,gb:255,bb:255}
this.up = false;
}
}
if(this.o.rb < 0){
this.o = {rb:0,gb:0,bb:0}
delete this.onEnterFrame;
}
this.c.setTransform(this.o)
}
}

thank you but i have no ide wher to put it in te script.

i download the mx.zip from thread 364

/M

HERE ARE BOTH VERSION OF THE FLA…

i hope this help…ok if not let me know

take care

this version of the mx. fla as the brightOffset AS on it…

GREAT JOB!!!

My questions is if it is posible that the button have a lite thump of the Pictures
or on (on RollOver) like att http://www.amivitale.com/main.html

Lambis

Thank you so very much it look´s excellent. :smiley: . I wonder if its possible to have the same effeckt when image fades away ???

-thanks !

/M

Hey Sipher I’m on MX and got “unexpected file format” when trying to open your file. Any chance you could repost it?

:hr:

i post both ver. on tread #378

good luck!!

Thanks sipher! :smiley:

how do i make the thumnails to show that they have bin visited and show you vher you are???

:party: /M

Sipher, that is a beautiful effect!

Just a beginner so a basic attempt at part of nessie’s question.

To make a button look hit you could try something like this in the onPress function

item.onPress= function(){
  this._alpha = 50;
  }

?

snaphappy i tryed this alredy !

but it makes only the last one to reduce the alfa. I might not know wher to put the code and make it work on each thumb separate. It would be nice if some one know how to make it work!

Thanks!

:pleased: /M