Sbeener-image gallery

how could i use the script you made for the slideshow…into a thumbnail gallery so i could have say:

folderA-thumbnail images
FolderB-bigger version

the thumbnail images would load as it did on the tutorial but the images would also have to be buttons…so that when pressed a geturl action could be executed.

thanx for the help my friend.

-Edwin

That sounds like a nice advancement to the tutorial, thumbnails that are buttons (or movie clips) that load a larger image, because lets admit, no one wants to view a slide show with all big images! Well not me, but I liked your tutorial and I have learned from it, thanks bro!

i would really love to see this happen.

I rekon this could only be achieved by using a db… I have a project that may require this… so i will let you nkow how i get on…and i’m sure i will be asking for tons of help…:wink:

ZH…

Dynamic event handlers, my man… That’s the key. Now, you can take a movie clip and tell him

you.onPress = function () {
      // do something like gotoAndPlay, loadMovie...
}

The only problem then is to know what you want to do on press. But since you’re working with arrays, there shouldn’t be too much trouble.

pom :asian:

i would friggin love a tutorial on this :slight_smile: wink wink

I’ll try and make something for you, my man. But after lunch. :-\

Man, hard thing to understand everything in Supra’s code… Beautiful, but prototypes all around are disconcerting.
I think you have to change the loadMeter prototype a bit

MovieClip.prototype.loadMeter = function() {
	var i, l, t;
	l = this.photo.getBytesLoaded();
	t = this.photo.getBytesTotal();
	if (t>0 && t == l) {
		this.onEnterFrame = fadeIn;
		this.photo.onPress = function () {
			trace ("youhou ! ") ;
		}
	} else {
		trace(l/t);
	}
};

This will trace Youhou ! But you can add an empty clip on the stage, ans assuming that all the pictures are named image0_big.jpg and so on, you could replace the trace action with

this.bigPhoto.loadMovie(this.pathToPics+this.pArray[this.pIndex]+"_big.jpg") ;

The pictures in the array should be named without the extension jpg by the way.

The other problem that I can’t seem to tackle is that the first picture to be loaded doesn’t have the onPress action. Help !

I hope it helps.

this is really cool! :slight_smile:

need to get that first image to load…unless i can have the be empty…humm