Howd he do this? Resizing slideshow

Oh, yeah, BTW… I am going to call your wife to see this thread…
I’m ok with that. She was ready to kill 'em long before I was. he he. :lol:

Great Gallery VMAN!!!

I am having some trouble with the files though. I can’t get the images to load?

Here is my folder setup|/
root|/
DynamicGallery.swf
filecounter.php
popup.php
thumbcounter.php
folder>Arra|/
pics1|/
pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
thumbs1|/
1.jpg
2.jpg

I think that I have it all right. But when I try to test it no images come up?

Thanks !!!

Nevermind I got It!!
Thanks again for this vman!!!

One thing I did notice, especially on the algonquin fest series of photos - if you scroll way down in the thumbs and start loading some of photos say in the 40’s and 50’s? Because of the way the container resizes the scrollpane gets kind of messed up. Not a big thing but just something I noticed. :}

Yeah, I noticed that too when there is a huge difference in the photo sizes. Fix that would ya? :smiley:

Ha ha, funny man! I’ll give it a shot but . . . I’ve never done PHP before. Actually I was hoping to use an xml menu instead . . .

me + fixing complicated things = :skull: & :drool:

:stuck_out_tongue:

of course if anyone else wants to jump in please feel free! :hugegrin:

Well, it doesn’t have anything to do with the php. It’s this bit right here that’s doing it I think.

if (_root.thumbMC.dragger._y>=_root.thumbFrame._height) {
   _root.thumbMC.dragger._y = _root.thumbFrame._height/2;
  }

If the window is large and then resizes to something much smaller, you want to keep the dragger inside the constraints of the thumbFrame.

If you click #48, then scroll all the way to the bottom, click #39, then #35 this will show an example of what we’re talking about. At this point, I’m not sure what’s causing it, but I don’t think what I’m doing with this code up here is the best way to do this. I’m open to suggestions. I was thinking about doing away with the dragger and just going with a scroller based on mouse position similar to this http://www.thezplane.com/test/scroller.htm. I dunno.

Don’t do it! I find infinite menus to be somewhat annoying - its hard to find a frame rate that satisfies everyone, plus those users who have never seen one before don’t really know how to use it. My $0.02 anyway, lol.

I’ll give it a whirl, see what I can come up with. Thanks again for posting the code!

:hr:

Hello people!
Scotty i have a question for you!
Some time ago you uploaded the fla Scotty!
I have a question!
I dont understand where are the buttons in that fla,i dont find them!
Thanks!

hey authentik, what .fla?

scotty(-:

When you press the menu button some butons appears but in fla i cant find them!An explication a clue something,thanks man!

Aah, those buttons;)
They’re in a mc called “sub_index”, which is dynamically attached, you can find it in the library:)

scotty(-:

Thanks a lot man,great work!

welcome:)

xml_gallery_v3_scroller_wText_mx1.fla

Is there any one how knows how to make the thum´s apper on mouse over button instead of being visible all the time. And how do i make the first pic apper when entering movie. And one more question can i place the next/prev button so that they slide one each side of the image :puzzle: ??

i have the .fla from thread:below…

Page:17
nr:#253

Thread:
http://www.kirupaforum.com/forums/s...t=photo+gallery

/M

any body her how knows!

I´w got this code and i wana put a “brightOffset” code here instead how do i do help!

http://www.mikaelnaslund.com/Forum/m1.fla

Stage.scaleMode = “noScale”;
Stage.align = “tl”;
mc._alpha = 0;
onLoad = function () {
mc._width = Stage.width;
mc._height = Stage.height;
};
this.onEnterFrame = function() {
change();
};
Stage.addListener(this);
_global.change = function() {
mc._width = Stage.width;
mc._height = Stage.height;

function fadeIn () {
if (mc._alpha < 100) {
mc._alpha += 1
//The higher the number the faster it fades
} else {
clearInterval (time)
}
}
time = setInterval (fadeIn, 50)

};

brightOffset();
}
};
}

MovieClip.prototype.brightOffset = function(){
this.c = new Color(this.containerMC)
this.o = {rb:200,gb:200,bb:200}
this.up = true
this.onEnterFrame = function(){
if(this.containerMC._alpha < 100){
this.containerMC._alpha += 10
}
if(this.up == false){
this.o.rb -= 10
this.o.bb -= 10
this.o.gb -= 10
} else {
if(this.o.rb < 255){
this.o.rb *= 1.5
this.o.bb *= 3
this.o.gb *= 1.5
} else {
this.o = {rb:255,gb:255,bb:255}
this.up = false;
}
}
if(this.o.rb < 0){
this.o = {rb:0,gb:0,bb:0}
delete this.onEnterFrame;
}
this.c.setTransform(this.o)

};
};

/M

Thanks a zillion million raised to power zillion million for initiating such a thing!
Love ya!

hi everyone…i have learned alot from the gallery tut. ITS AWESOME!!! im stuck in one place though and if someone could help me out id be entirely grateful.

I have some extra buttons in the gallery and i would like to load an swf file into the containerMC but not through the xml file. I dont seem to be able to get the right command so that i can load a external movie from within the gallery through the extra button i have… but all within the flash file itself and still keeping the resize functions and others as is…

ex. loadMovie(example.swf, containerMC) but this will not work…

i know im doin this all wrong… i am learning but need help… thank you

sorry if my english is not that clear…

So if anyone can help me figure this out, please let me know…

Try this if you want the code in your _root timeline:

yourButton.onRelease = function() {
_root.containerMC.loadMovie("yourfile.swf");
};

or this if you want it on the button itself:

on (release) {
_root.containerMC.loadMovie("yourfile.swf");
}

Hope I understood your question:)

yes thats right vman, i got it to load the swf file, but I would like to still have the resize function work for this. what happens here is the file is loaded into containerMC but the border or anything else will not be resized… is there a way to make this happen?

if not then its ok please do not worry… i am more than thankful already for having learned so much… =)

thanks again vman