htmlText links not working

The Problem:
I have my parent swf load a child swf witch in turn displays some htmlText, specifically a link, and the link is not redirecting the browser when a user clicks the link.

The weird thing is when I access the flash object directly (http://www.mysite.com/example.swf) the links work fine. But when I embed the flash object they don’t work. Now that’s in flash 8, I have a similar flash object that does very similar things with the text, but its in flash 7 and it works perfectly.

<embed width=’410’ height=’400’ src=’http://www.mysite.com/example.swf’></embed>

Here is the actionscript that adds the html to the dynamic text box. All of the “paths” to the objects work are fine since it is outputting the right text in both the child swf and the parent swf.

textContainer.textbox.html = true; //It does the same thing with or without this line of code
            textContainer.textBox.htmlText = "";
            for( var i = 0; i < textData["length"]; i++) {
                trace(textData["interstizements"]*["title"]);
                tempText += '<a href="' + textData["interstizements"]*["uri"] + '"><font color="#0000FF"><u><b>' + textData["interstizements"]*["content_title"] + '</b></u></font></a> - <a href="' + textData["interstizements"]*["uri"] + '"><u>' + textData["interstizements"]*["content_body"] + '</u></a> | ';
                textContainer.textBox.htmlText += '<a href="' + textData["interstizements"]*["uri"] + '"><font size="' + (25 - ((textData["length"]%10)*2)) + '"><u><b>' + textData["interstizements"]*["content_title"] + '</b></u></font</a><br/><a href="' + textData["interstizements"]*["uri"] + '"><font size="' + (25 - ((textData["length"]%10)*2)) + '">' + textData["interstizements"]*["content_body"] + '</font></a><br/><br/>';
            }
            spaceSize = _root.titleText.textBox.getNewTextFormat().getTextExtent(" ").width;
            spacesRequired = Math.ceil(_root.titleText.textBox.width/spaceSize);
            for (var i = 0; i<spacesRequired; i++) {
                spacebuffer += " ";
            }
            _root.titleText.textBox.html = true; //It does the same thing with or without this line of code
            _root.titleText.textBox.htmlText = spacebuffer + tempText.substr(0, -2) + spacebuffer;