I know, another Calendar question :(

Ok, I’m just trying to keep my calendar simple----All I need is a way to determine the current month- and then have it call a static movie that has and individual months on each (I know it means manually creating 12 movies).

This is for younger kids, so our goal is only to bring up the month so they can see the month Name and see the names of the days of the week. The actual days don’t need to conform to a real calendar.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Michael

hi,

i have the similar project like Mikol27, My boss ask me to create a standalone calendar (not for website) for our clients that only display the current month. So I’ll send it each month, ex: for August only send the August calendar. In this calendar, it will display the current date, month (of course), and year. When it shows 27 July, it shows a quote of the day, in 28 July it shows different quote.

• Do I have to add this :

onClipEvent(load){
now = new Date();
date = [“1”, “2”, “3”, “4”, “5”, “6”, “7”, “8”, “9”, “10”, “11”, “12”, “13”, “14”, “15”, “16”, “17”, etc];
months = [“January”, “Febuary”, “March”, “April”, “May”, “June”, “July”,
“August”, “September”, “October”, “November”, “December”];
}
onClipEvent(enterFrame){
_root.month=months[now.getMonth()]+" “+now.getDate()+” "+now.getFullYear();
}

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

hi,

i’m new here and still learning actionscript. i have the similar project like Mikol27, My boss ask me to create a standalone calendar (not for website) for our clients that only display the current month. So I’ll send it each month, ex: for August only send the August calendar. In this calendar, it will display the current date, month (of course), and year. When it shows 27 July, it shows a quote of the day, in 28 July it shows different quote. So I make a new dynamic text with var=date

In actionscript I have add this:

[size=1]onClipEvent(load){
now = new Date();
dates = [“1”, “2”, “3”, “4”, “5”, “6”, “7”, “8”, “9”, “10”, “11”, “12”, “13”, “14”, “15”, “16”, “17”, “18”, “19”, “20”, “21”, “22”, “23”, “24”, “25”, “26”, “27”, “28”, “29”, “30”, “31”];[/size]

[size=1]months = [“January”, “Febuary”, “March”, “April”, “May”, “June”, “July”, “August”, “September”, “October”, “November”, “December”];
}
onClipEvent(enterFrame){
_root.month=months[now.getMonth()]+" “+now.getDate()+” "+now.getFullYear();[/size]
[size=1]_root.date=dates[now.getDate()];[/size]
[size=1]} [/size]
[size=1]if(_root.date == “1”){
_root.holiday_holder.loadMovie(“quote1.swf”);
}[/size]

It shows error :P. Anyone could help me? :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help

Hi,

I just figured it out, i put

[size=1]if(_root.date == “1”){
_root.holiday_holder.loadMovie(“quote1.swf”);
}[/size]

in the wrong place :P. It should be in the onClipEvent handler. It works now.
The new problem is how can i get the quotes without load the external swf. Because the calender will be in one swf or exe file.

I can do that with tellTarget, but perharps you have a better option?

thanks again

If it’s just a quote that you want to show up, why not use a dynamic text box and load in the quote from a text file on the server, or make an array with all of your quotes like you did with the days and months above and call it like that? I guess, it all depends on what the quote actually is and if it needs to be a swf or exe file.

Hi Freddythunder,

thanks for the reply. i think i can’t ise a text file, because it will distributed via email. if it could, how can the swf/exe file from client get the text file from server? how to put the text var?

about the second option, it would be nice. But since i still don’t understand much about actionscript, how could i put the array? Is it like this:
First, I define the variable:

dates = [“1”, “2”, “3”, “4”, “5”, “6”, “7”, “8”, “9”, “10”, “11”, “12”, “13”, “14”, “15”, “16”, “17”, “18”, “19”, “20”, “21”, “22”, “23”, “24”, “25”, “26”, “27”, “28”, “29”, “30”, “31”];
months = [“January”, “Febuary”, “March”, “April”, “May”, “June”, “July”, “August”, “September”, “October”, “November”, “December”];
quote=[“ora et labora”, “sometimes you can do 10 hours of work and it looks like 1”, etc]

Then:

if(_root.date == “29”){
_root.quote=quotes[now.getQuote()];

Is it like that?

Thanks.

ps: sorry for my bad english language