I need help making my html document detect machine browsers

hey I’m creating a flash site-which is now complete-that is going to run through dreamweaver, which has both flash and hml versions of the site, I am using dreamweaver mx 2004 and I need to figure out the onLoad()…if, then statements nessesary to test for a specific browser-either mac safari or win netscape 5.5+ so I can utilize the onLoad(), resizeTo, moveTo, functions of the javascript to open my cromless windows centered in the middle of the page. I have the scripts completed for the cromless windows that open perfectly when assigned to a specific engine, either safari or netscape, but one script will default and fail if it is opened in the other browser, I know that netscape doesn’t use the a> coding of html as well as safari so I need to have seperate codes employed when the onLoad() detects for which browser is currently being used on the machine. so a basic on run array would follow like this:
user accesses main page
HTML and Flash option buttons
//well forget about the HTML since everyone can read it
Flash Button is Pressed
onLoad(), local machine detects browser
if Safari-then load mac safe script
//this pops a centered-chromless window
runs flash document
else if Netscape, then load win/netscape friendly script
//this pops the netscape chromless centered window
runs flash document
any ideas or scripts would be a lifesaver,
also if anyone can do this with less coding…i.e, the javascript that runs seamlesly between platforms for the chromeless popup, that would be more than appriciated, thanks
Scott

of course you know this is the wrong place for this post…
hopefully it will get moved…

and hopefully you won’t get throttled about the head and neck for placing it here… Time alone will tell… :pleased: