I need help!

I have been trying to duplicate one movie several times with different properities. I have a circle, I want to be able to click on it and get another circle to appear, click again, and have another circle to appear. Every time a different circle appears, I want to be able to drag them separately. So far, I have been succesful in that, but I am having problems with the first movie. I have a button with this script:

on (press) {
i = i+1;
duplicateMovieClip (_root.circle, “circle”+i, i);
}

and then the movie “circle” with this script:

onClipEvent (load) {
this._x = 58;
this._y = 63;
}

I also created the movies/button “circle” “circle1” circle2" and so on with this script:

on (press) {
startDrag ("/circle1", true);
}
on (release) {
stopDrag ();
}

every cirle has a different route name “/circle2”, so that helps me to drag each movie separately.

My problem is that every time I “click” two movies are created, one is “circle” + i , and the other is the one from the script “onClipEvent”

What can I do??? I dont want two movies at a time??
Is there a better approach for this??
Please let me know what you think.

Thanx

esporti

create a movie clip on the main stage that duplicates the movies in one frame, and then in the following frame starts the drag. control this clip with the button.
flash won’t let you start dragging a movie clip until it is drawn on the stage. if you are duplicating the clip and telling it to start dragging in the same frame it won’t work because the last thing flash does is draw the objects on the stage.
you could also put a startDrag in the first frame of the duplicated movie clip.
:slight_smile:
jeremy