I still haven't firgured out how the timer works

ok how to do this:\rThere’s an action on a frame stop();\rand I want it to go to the next frame if the timer on that frame reacher 3 seconds…\rI don’t remember, something get timer…\r\rAny help would be appreciated

Well, there is a way to do that :\ryou take a first get timer :\rstart = getTimer()/1000 ;\rend = getTimer()/1000 ;\rif ((end - start)>3) {\rgotoAndPlay(nextFrame); \r}else{\rgotoAndPlay(_currentframe -1);}\r\rThis won’t work though, cos start and end will change on enterframe, and you want end to change, not start. You can solve that with a flag of some sort, depending on how your animation works.\rBut I think that Supra had a script for that. If he doesn’t post, I’ll try and find it.\r\rpom

here’s what i use\r

hum… this is more complicated than I thought\rI don’t think that I could say that I understand the script exactly…\rWhy is that MovieClip.prtotype in there and what does it do?\rand i can’t say that I understand the function(1) too…\rhas it got something to do with timer1.1 = 1; ?\rand why do I have to attach the movie by the linkage …\rI mean it’s already there… :smiley: \rAND timer1.init (What does “init” do…)\rwow that script is totally new to me…\r:D I’m full of questions:D

First attempt, France.\r\rLet’s look at your questions :\r>Why is that MovieClip.prtotype in there and what does it do?\rA movieclip.prototype is used to define a function that any movie clip is going to be able to call.\r\r>I can’t say that I understand the function(1) too…\rWhat what what ?\r\r>has it got something to do with timer1.1 = 1; ?\rIt’s timer1.L = L ; You just declare a variable L, the length of your pause\r\r>Why do I have to attach the movie by the linkage …\rWhy not ? The code is contained in the clip, so calling the function “pause” will put an instance of the clip containing the pause code. Moreoever, if the pause is over, the clip is removed, so you have to attach it again. There must be an easier way to do that, but it’s so beautiful that way…\r\r>AND timer1.init (What does “init” do…)\r\rWithout init, no counting the elapsed time. Calling pause will set init to the elapsed time since the beginning of the movie. Let’s say 1500 ms. Not inside the pause movie, the test is :\rif((getTimer()-_parent.init)/1000>_parent.l)\rNow getTimer() is 1505 ms, so if((1505 - 1500)/1000>Lenght of your pause…) you play the movie.\r\rMakes sense ? That’s a beautiful fla, really.\r\rpom