I'm back!

Hi to all!

I’m back after two months.

The design is done by my client, AS by me.

And yes, I’m from now on on MX.

Any comments are welcome.

p.s. The site isn’t finished (just 80%) and it is heavy in Products section. The client is selling video animations, so…

www.tommyvideo.com

Pretty nice site and I like the layout…

Not bad, simple and effective. The color scheme is very fun, it’s almost like coming to a toy website, but it looks good. =)

Originally posted by bacon_bits
Pretty nice site and I like the layout…

Thnx.

*Originally posted by electrongeek *
**Not bad, simple and effective. The color scheme is very fun, it’s almost like coming to a toy website, but it looks good. =) **

Thnx electrongeek. Long time no see.
The goal was to use the old color sheme and leave the logo as it is.
Thnx again.

nice… interesting preload…

welcome back

*Originally posted by dreamer *
**nice… interesting preload…

welcome back **

Thnx. Thnx. :crazy:

…i like it. but i have a suggestion, make scrollbars and stuff more visable. becaause i was on the reseller page, and if i didnt look harder, i would have gone on to another page, becasue i didnt see the scrollbar

*Originally posted by redViper *
**…i like it. but i have a suggestion, make scrollbars and stuff more visable. becaause i was on the reseller page, and if i didnt look harder, i would have gone on to another page, becasue i didnt see the scrollbar **

Thanks, I will consult with my client. You aren’t the first with this suggestion.

its nice… the colors are a bit dark, I’m thinking probably if you use a bright color for the outline… it would be awesome :slight_smile:

*Originally posted by 350z *
**its nice… the colors are a bit dark, I’m thinking probably if you use a bright color for the outline… it would be awesome :slight_smile: **

On which outline are you thinking?

Thank you for the answer.

try using a bright yellow or a brighter orange for the scrollbars thats the only opinion i have the site is very well layed out and easy to navigate, the transitions are great, how many fps are you working at?? seems a little slow on my mac gotta check on my pc when i get home since macs are known for theyre slow performance with flash (keeps looking bad at his mac)

Grim

*Originally posted by grimdeath *
**try using a bright yellow or a brighter orange for the scrollbars thats the only opinion i have the site is very well layed out and easy to navigate, the transitions are great, how many fps are you working at?? seems a little slow on my mac gotta check on my pc when i get home since macs are known for theyre slow performance with flash (keeps looking bad at his mac)
Grim **

I’m using 25 fps (because of the videos…).
Thanx for the comments.

It looks pretty nice and simple, heh, your preloaders are really interesting,
and scroller is too dark, it took me a bit of time to notice it, maybe
brighter lines would help =)

welcome back :), hehe, your footer still looks cool :stuck_out_tongue:

*Originally posted by Lynx *
**It looks pretty nice and simple, heh, your preloaders are really interesting, and scroller is too dark, it took me a bit of time to notice it, maybe brighter lines would help =)
welcome back :), hehe, your footer still looks cool :stuck_out_tongue: **

Thanx Lynx.
The scrollers will be changed today.

Thanx for the footer. :pope:

I like the preloader a lot. Very clever how it becomes part of
the design. All the graphics are clean and tidy. The layout is
neatly organized and easy to follow. I like the overall design a lot.
Very original as well.

Here’s a few things I noted:

1. The colors don’t bother me at all, I think their fitting for what
    you need, given the criteria. Not everything can be white, right? :slight_smile:

2. I was a little distracted by the way the mouse doesn’t change to a
    hand. But I realized it wasn’t going to be a hand, and just moved
    on an clicked around. This may not be so clear with others.

3. The transitions are very smooth, and fit the site perfectly to me,
    but not as obvious as I would have expected. I don’t think this is
    a bad thing, I’m just not sure the avg visitor is going to be
    patient enough, or observant enough to wait and see what
    happens after just 1 click. You may want to add a more
    obvious “loading” sign or something.

4. I agree about the scrollers on the resellers page.

Glad to see you back! I was wondering where you went to. =)

Fantastic. I like how clean and fluid everything was. The movies were a great touch as well - I loved looking at them.

As said before a little colour change wouldnt hurt (making some colours more vibrant and so forth) but other than that, I really had a good time there. Great work.

*Originally posted by UNFLUX *
**2. I was a little distracted by the way the mouse doesn’t change to a hand. But I realized it wasn’t going to be a hand, and just moved on an clicked around. This may not be so clear with others. **

Well, maybe.

**3. The transitions are very smooth, and fit the site perfectly to me,
but not as obvious as I would have expected. I don’t think this is
a bad thing, I’m just not sure the avg visitor is going to be
patient enough, or observant enough to wait and see what
happens after just 1 click. You may want to add a more
obvious “loading” sign or something.

The site is mostly designed for people in media industry. That means they have (I hope) high connection speed. So, when a mouse click is done, everything happens fast. (I tested it)
During a loading or a transition on site, the click on the menu is blocked. This has to be done to avoid bugs and some “noises” in transition.

**Glad to see you back! I was wondering where you went to. =) **

Nice to be here.
Your site still looks great. :crazy:

Thanks for your detailed comments.

The scrollbars are changed:
www.tommyvideo.com

muche better

yeah, definitely. =)