Insert a key/value into a flash .exe?

Ok, not too sure if this is the right place but here goes!

I’ve got a flash application that I’m gonna offer to customers, but I want to insert a unique ID key into the .exe with each download of the application. This is partly for security and partly to identify each customer indiviually.

I have no idea how to go about this however! Before the user can download the file I need to somehow write the key into the exe, and then put some code in the flash program to read this key. Any ideas on how to go about this?

I don’t know anything about hex editing or file manipulation so I’m a bit stumped! I know Java pretty well, which might come in handy for actually inserting the key.

Download ResHack.

Yes I’ve got resHack, but that doesn’t really answer the question. How would I insert the value “on the fly”, and how would I read the value in Flash?

I’d suggest programming an executable that acts as a container for the SWF/Flash EXE. That way you can do whatever you want.

You could use C++ or Visual Basic (or Visual C++…;)) but I’m almost positive you could write it in Java also:

http://www.ej-technologies.com/products/exe4j/overview.html ( get the app )

I would suggest VB or C++, though.