I've Got the Font Blues

I am doing an excercise in html coding where I look at a web page and then try to code for that page. The thing that hangs me up is trying to reproduce the cursive font shown here on the second line -
Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 7.20.28 PM
First of all, how do I get it into position under the first e of Develop?
Second, I have come across this table of Web Browser Font Defaults and for Safari (since I am on an iMac using Safari) it is -

So does this mean that I am restricted to Times and Courier only and can’t use the cursive font shown?
I think that the CSS for fonts go like this -
{
font-family: first choice for font, second choice for font, (serif or sans-serif or monospace;
}
so assuming that there really is a cursive font that one can use in Safari, how would I code for the font-family rule in this case?

Hi, John.

I just Google-d the following:

cursive font mac

I’m wondering if the following would work for you:

{
  font-family: Brush Script, second choice for font, (serif or sans-serif or monospace;
}

Thanks for the comment. So you can see how I tried to implement your suggestion by assigning a cursive font family to the h1 content - Home - but as you can see pasted below the code, I still get a standard font for - Home. So maybe you just can’t do cursive for Safari.

<html>
<head>
  <title>Composing a Layout on a WebPage</title>
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css">
  <style>
     h1  {
        font-family: "Brush Script","Bickley Script LET", sans-serif,
     }
  </style>
</head>

<body>
   <header>
      <ul>
         <li><a href="index.html">Home</a></li>
         <li><a href="locations.html">Locations</a></li>
         <li><a href="contact.html">Contact</a></li>
      </ul>
      <h1>Home</h1>
   </header>
   <section>
      <div>a</div>
      <div>b</div>
      <div>c</div>
   </section>
   <section>Lower-Section</section>
   <footer>Footer</footer>
</body>
</html>

Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 7.32.28 AM

I develop almost 100% on Windows so I’ll be interested to hear what a Mac developer has to say.

The font name has to be exact. For Brush Script, you should specify the full name of Brush Script MT. Try that change and see if it fixes it.

Who knew precision mattered? :upside_down_face:
Seriously, that was the holdup - not getting the font name nailed down correctly. So I ran with your suggestion and tried out the following fonts -
Brush Script MT
Bickley Script LET
SchoolHouse Cursive B
As you can see, the first 2 worked but SCB did not. Still - 2 out of 3 ain’t bad! So I guess the moral of this story is that some weird fonts will work and some wont. It’s a matter of experimentation.
Here is the code for my attempts -

h1 {
font-family: “Brush Script MT”, “Bickley Script LET”, sans-serif;
color:rgb(212, 127, 16)
}
h2 {
font-family: “Bickley Script LET”, “Brush Script MT”, sans-serif;
color: rgb(34, 126, 206);
}
h3 {
font-family: “SchoolHouse Cursive B”, “Bickley Script LET”,
sans-serif;