Keyboard shortcuts - HELP PLEASE!

So I want to get rid of some panels because of my not-ever-big-enough monitor. What I really want to do away with is the tools panel. And I remember all the shortcuts and everything and it’s no problem. Except for one thing…

When you first select the text tool, the font name box is automatically selected. Therefore if you press the V to select the arrow tool, you end up typing in the font name box.

I’ve tried a whole bunch of different shortcuts besides V, including combinations with Shift and Ctrl, and I even tried using the F# keys, but nothing seems to be able to get the selection out of that font name box. That is unless you have the tools panel open, and you actually click on the arrow tool.

I’m sure there must be some way around this that I’m just not getting. Thanks in advance.

.matt.

Hmmm, interesting. Considering I have the tools open all the time (and yes I have a tiny monitor, 800x600) I haven’t noticed this problem, but now that you bring it up, it is a pain.

Well one way I figured out, which is also a pain, but it works is to hit CTRL+SHIFT+A to deselect your text box, then hit F2 to open the Actions panel (or you can open any other panel), this will pull the focus off the font type in the properties area allowing you to press “V” to select the arrow.

I am sure there is an easier way, I just don’t know it. I figured I would throw my input in anyway:)