Launch Window Niggle

Hi Guys,

Ok firstly, i’d like to say thanks to the kirupa guys and gals - This place has been a bible of information for me, but now i’ve found something I can’t crack…

Secondly, i’m an after effects designer - being forced to learning Flash (without formal training) so bear with me… I’m a novice!

So, the question…

I’ve used the Centered Pop-up Window Tutorial (kirupa.com - Centered Pop-Up Window)

But I have two pop-up windows (one for a quicktime and one for an image - both are different sizes), and they keep launching inside each other (Only if you don’t close the pop-up and go back to the main - but still the boss doesn’t like the fact… grrr…)

The site is here - http://precursorstudio.com/charlie_watson/ - Navigate through Projects > Chevy and then click the Quicktime and Images links…

Ok, what i’ve tried… I’ve tried including bits of java to close the window before it launches (so in theory it would close the window, then relaunch it with the new size) The code I picked up is here… Javascript: How to Close Browser Window (window.close()) Without Warning - But I can’t seem to get this working at all…

This is the java i’ve tried:

<script language=“JavaScript”>
window.opener=‘x’; window.close();
function Launch(page, width, height) {
OpenWin = this.open(page, “Charlie Watson”, “toolbar=no, menubar=no ,location=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=no, width=” + width + “, height=” + height + “, top=” + (screen.height/2 - height/2) + “, left=” + (screen.width/2 - width/2) + “"”);
}

</script>

So… Any pointers would be very much appreciated…

Ok thanks,

Rob.