Lines that follow the mouse

hi
i saw at kirupa.com site a small flash where when we hoover the mouse two lines follow the mouse
how can one do that?
thanks

That’s a very useful technique. First of all, press Ctrl + F8. This will edit a movie Clip. Name it whatever you want. Draw two perpendicular lines, the point where they cross must match the little cross. Try and make it very big.
On the top left of your window, click on Scene 1 to go back to the main scene (to exit the edit mode). Press Ctrl + L to poen your library. you will see your clip in there. Drag and drop it on the scene. Press Ctrl + M and resize your window to something a little bit smaller.
Right click your clip, select Actions, and write :
onClipEvent (load) {
startDrag (this, true) ;
}
Explanation : 1st line : when you load the movie
2nd line : start to drag this clip (target) with a lock to mouse center (true) [you get that in normal mode with actions>startDrag>target = this, check expression, check lock to mouse center]
And you’re done !

pom
:cool:

hi again
it didnt took me 2 minutes!! and worked perfectly!
thanks a lot!

Hmmmm

Hum hummm… You seem perplex, Phil. That new footer ?
pom

Didn’t you see my crosshairs in the phooter? Duh!

pj
Try doing a mouseover my werk every now and then…

Sorry Phil, I really did NOT see the crosshair. What can I do to make it up to you, except crush you at your little game with Upu (pick any movie, I’m mister Cinema). You’re no match for me (I hope).
pom, bragging a little bit, but it feels so good… 0]

To make it up to me; Hmmm, well, er, unh, lets see; How bout this, phind a nice phrench women phor me, a beautiphul one, pheed her really well and stuff her in a UPS crate and ship her to me here in the states. Plenty of room in my attic for two.

pj
8:

I think I’ll stick to crushing at that quotes game.
pom

Ya…RIGHT! Ha!