Link to html, then load doc in iframe

I have two links (to news article #1 & news article #2) on “index.htm”. If I could get this to work, the user would be able to click on one of the two news articles, and then a new page (“news.htm”) would load, AND THEN the article of their choice would load in the iframe (called “article”) on “news.htm.”

I have looked all over for a solution and tried a whole lot of different things, but the iframe on “news.htm” always comes up blank.

(The only way I can get the iframe to load content is by using the code <iframe src=“article1.htm”> on the page “news.htm”. But that doesn’t help me, because I want the user to be able to pick the article of his or her choice.)

Huge thanks to anyone who can help – I’m going crazy with this.
kristin

whoops…let’s try this again. it actually tried to display my code…

I have two links (to news article #1 & news article #2) on “index.htm”. If I could get this to work, the user would be able to click on one of the two news articles, and then a new page (“news.htm”) would load, AND THEN the article of their choice would load in the iframe (called “article”) on “news.htm.”

I have looked all over for a solution and tried a whole lot of different things, but the iframe on “news.htm” always comes up blank.

(The only way I can get the iframe to load content is by using the code iframe src=“article1.htm” on the page “news.htm”. But that doesn’t help me, because I want the user to be able to pick the article of his or her choice.)

Huge thanks to anyone who can help – I’m going crazy with this.
kristin