Linux anyone?

I know this is a bit off topic for most kirupa forums, but this is the only place i feel i can actually get an answer. I’m a total newb with linux. I just need a program and instructions on how to log onto my linux box. Or how to access my llinux box from a different computer? Any suggestions.

There may be a few linux users here, but, as you can image, this being a primarily Flash-based forum and Flash being only available on Win and Mac, this is a bad place to look for an answer to such a question. :slight_smile:

I’ve never remotely logged on to any of my linux boxes, so I can’t help you there, but you might want to check out your basic linux portals like linux.com for some help… if not there in HTML you can undoubtedly find some helpful IRC channels with some people more than likely anxious to help you out

yeah ii’ve been searching all morning, this wasn’t my first option but everyside just says log into your linux box. And im like wtf? i dont know how to. I’ve never worked with linux so ill just keep trying around the web

is this through a network? I can’t imagine it would be too terribly difficult. Then again, since I don’t know offhand I shouldnt open my mouth and assume so in my ignorance :sure:

I know when I just downloaded slackware, the readme had a first time username and password that you had to use then you could change it to your own after you were logged in. Did you read the readme?

well i need to access a linux box from the computer im on right now. I have no idea how or what program to use to access the box. I know i can do it with putty.exe but i dont know how to use the program and how to access the linux box.

so you’re on a windows machine logging into linux?