loadClip() not recieving query string parameters

I’m currently trying to figure out a way for a user to select their own variety of SWF files from a list for customization. This data is saved in a database and when the SWF is loaded it grabs an XML page which tells the SWF container which clips to load. My co-worker found something useful that grabs the location of the SWF and loads it in the container using the MovieClipLoader’s loadClip() function. So that works fine as it grabs each little file, it plays, and then another plays right after.

However, some of the files have custom data I would like to place inside the child SWF files. There are variables saved in the files and if I load it up as movie01.swf?param1=TEST it works fine. However if I grab that as the location of the file and use the loadClip() function the query string parameters are not loaded.

Here are the simple functions used to call the SWF file into the container:

function firstmovie(){
     my_loader.loadClip(movie[k], movieholder);
     faderIn();
}

function nextmovie(){
     k++;
     if(k > total-1){
          k=0;
          faderIn();
          my_loader.loadClip(movie[k], movieholder);
     }
     faderIn();
     myloader.loadClip(movie[k], movieholder);
}

That is only some of the AS to give you an idea of what’s going on when the SWFs are loaded. movie[k] is just an array of the strings retrieved from the generated XML file. Like I said, it understands which movies to load but the query strings are not read. Should I try to pass these variables a different way or is there a way I can use the loadClip() function still and pass these variables?

If anyone needs any more information about what I’m trying to achieve or a viewing of more code (AS/XML structure/HTML) let me know.

Thanks in advance for any input.

• Mitch