Loading CSS Tutorial - Please HELP!

The tutorial from http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx2004/cssfile.htm worked out great! Did some modifications so that it loads up specific files at the click of a button. The following worked great for me.

on (release) {
	var format = new .TextField.StyleSheet();
	var path = "flash.css";
	format.load(path);
	format.onLoad = function(success) {
		if (success) {
			output.styleSheet = format;
			myLoadVar = new LoadVars (); 
			myLoadVar.load("content.txt") 
			myLoadVar.onLoad = function (success){ 
				if (success == true) { 
					output.variable = "kirupa" 
					output.htmlText=myLoadVar.kirupa; 
				} 
			} 
		} else {
			output.text = "Error loading CSS file!";
		}
	}
}

But I then placed these buttons inside a movie clip so now… when i press the buttons the text no longer loads up.

I’ve tried applying _root to “output” … which works if i view it within its own movie file. However, it’s 2 levels deep.

Well, I for one couldn’t get it to work (although, I’m using Flash MX for the Mac, and not MX 2004.

I go to Publish Preview/HTML and all I get is a blank screen.

I put in a static text box below the dynamic one, but no joy. I still ended up with a blank screen except for my static text.

Anything I’m doing wrong?

correct me if i’m wrong, but i think the CSS tag feature is only supported with flash player 7. and if i remember correctly mx only supports up to player 6?

Great… so in other words, I’ll have to borrow a friend’s machine that has MX 2004 on it, or scrap up enough bucks to afford an upgrade.

Thanks though, I was starting to get just a little frustrated with the whole thing for a moment there.

Well, I just attempted the CSS tutorial again on a PC with MX 2004. Still got no success. I was able to get partial success yesterday after upgrading on my Mac, but for some reason, the one located at http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx2004/css.htm just gives me a blank screen.

I can also see now that I’ll have to embedd characters instead of using the embedded characters of the style sheet (at least my attempts yesterday tell me this.)