Loading movies/variables!

hi!
I subscribe for this forum because I really need your help…
this r the actions i have in my level 1

on (rollOver) {
startDrag (this, false, 250, 270, 750, 520);
Mouse.hide();
}
on (press) {
Mouse.show();
stopDrag ();
if (this._droptarget == “/Tverm”) {
_root.Tverm.gotoAndStop(2);
gotoAndStop (2);
}
}

the problem is that when I start the aplication from level0 the variables doesn’t work. It doesn’t recognise the “if” and “droptarget” actions… i’ve tryed to replace “_root” for “_level1” but it still not working!!! what else can I do?!
“Tverm” is the label of the movieclip, should I put “tina” - which is the real name of the movieclip in the library?!!!
Sould I use a path like “_droptarget == “/_level1.tina””

thanx for helping me!! :slight_smile:
hope u reply for me soon!!

I can’t be 100% sure

What is this: “/Tverm”?

is that a movie clip? Is it on the main timeline?

HI! thanx for replying :slight_smile:

Tverm is a movie clip in the main timeline, which has two states: one is empty, the other is with another movieclip inside of it…
it still doesn’t work…i just don´t get it, it was supposed to work!!..;/

slash notation screws me up.

on (rollOver) {
startDrag (this, false, 250, 270, 750, 520);
Mouse.hide();
}
on (press) {
Mouse.show();
stopDrag ();
if (this._droptarget == _root.Tverm) {
_root.Tverm.gotoAndStop(2);
gotoAndStop (2);
}
}

should work. You are correct that you use “Tverm” which should be the “instance” name of the movie clip, NOT the library name. The library name is useless for all intents and purposes.

yes it sould work…thanx…but it still doesn’t!!!

what else am i supposed to do?!! it does remind u of anything else?!!!

it could be because of the root thing?! no? should I put _level whatever?!!

I’m looking at this code now. I know I’ll figure it out

I need some more information here…

The code works, but not well. For one thing, if you are too far over the clip, and you press the button on the mouse, it drops the button but then picks it right back up again. It only works if you’re on the edge of the thing.

What I really want to understand is the nature of what you’re doing with this. What do you mean you’re loading it into level 1 or level 0?

Please explain the whole effect, including the nature of any swfs that are being loaded, or being loaded into.

…I have to delivery the project tomorrow morning…thanx for the help…I solved the problem by loading this movies in another exe file…it was not my initial idea…but…no time left!!
:wink: I really appreciate that u tried to help me up…soon i’ll be subscribing for another thread!! thanx david!