loadMovie jump to frame

Alrighty :: I know there’s been a million “how do I load a movie and than jump to a specific frame” thead. Well all of those have been helpful :: HOWEVER I wouldn’t be posting because I can’t seem to get my script to run successfully ::

First the background ::

I have a nav. menu made up of seprate movies clips :: inside each movie clip is four buttons :: these buttons are shown using a rollOver, rollOut dealy :::

anyway when you click on one of the buttons it calls “student.swf” to load into an empty MC called content. I’ve tried everything :: What happens is the button will load the MC but will sit on the first frame and do nothing :: the movie clip “student.swf” is not that big so I doubt I’m waiting for it to load.

Bold = both types :: not neccesarily typed that way
i’m trying to get to frame 5 and/or label “interactive”

on (release)
{
unloadMovie(“index.swf”);
loadMovie(“student.swf”,_root.content.gotoAndStop/Play(5/“interactive”);
}

on (release)
{
unloadMovie(“index.swf”);
loadMovie(“student.swf”,_root.content);
_root.content.gotoAndStop/Play(5/“interactive”);

}

i’ve also read that you can load the movie into a different level and than gotoAndPlay on that level

that produces the same results as above :: the movie loads but just sits there in the first frame

I also read about using a variable … same results …

SO with this information does anybody have any clues or suggestions??
What would be a simple variable that I could attach to the loadMovie/button

so that when if does load it sees that that variable is TRUE because it was that button that loaded it etc… hense sending the playHead to frame5

Thanks ALL

-michael