Lot of movies

I got about thirteen movies in my main time line. 2 menus and 11 of content. They work perfectly with the tell target action. The problem is that I can’t make them dissapear once you press for the next section. I know I can make them dissappear but only if you browse it in a certain order, not randomly. I don’t know if I’m making myself clear. Hope I do and that someone of you can answer me 'cause I’m in a real hurry to solve that problem…
Yes, I’m a begginer! But where I work people expect A LOT more than what I can make. PLEASE HELP ME!..Thanx a lot for your attention.

What happens when you press for the next section ? I mean what code did you put ?
pom 0]

Appears the next section but the previous section doesn’t dissappear…I don’t know the code…I only used the tell target action…

Can you post the code ?

pom 0]

ok here’s the code for one of the buttons (“sounds of the mangrove” button) which will play “sounds of the mangrove movie”:

on (release) {
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp tellTarget ("/menu") {
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp gotoAndPlay (“continue”);
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp }
}
on (release) {
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp tellTarget ("/sounds of mangrove movie") {
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp gotoAndPlay (“start”);
}
on (release) {
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp tellTarget ("/mangrove") {
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp gotoAndPlay (“start”);
}
on (release) {
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp tellTarget ("/high low tide") {
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp gotoAndPlay (“continue”);
}

as you can see i made a code to “continue” which is the fade out for the exact previous movie(high low tide)…
But what if the person instead of pressing this button presses the next one…high low tide won’t fade out…

Capisci?.. :’-(

Well, you could set a variable for each movie clip, for instance “run”, that you’d put to 1 when it’s playing, and 0 otherwise. Then you’d have to test all the movies to know if they’re playing, and if it’s the case, make them play out. Does that make any sense to you ?

pom 0]

Well yes it makes a lot of sense for me…But there’s a little problem…I dont know how to do it…Example please… :slight_smile:

First, the names you gave to your movie clips aren’t practical at all. Make it one word. Your code could look like that :

on (release) {
       menu.run=1;
       menu.gotoAndPlay ("continue" );
       if (sounds.run) {
               sounds.run=0;
               sounds.gotoAndPlay ("end" ) ;
       }
       if (mangrove.run) ...
}

And so on and so forth for the others

Capisci ??

pom 0]

Not very difficult, but a lot of work.

pom 0]

truth?..non capisci niente…no, i don’t understand…do u have a messenger account or something like that, so you can explain me better?

im gonna post the link so u can see better what it’s all about…interact with the buttons that says: “High Low Tide” and “sonidos de mangle”…it’s a bilingual site, but i don’t think that it’ll be a problem…

ezboard

I appreciate your help and concern…A LOT!.. :smiley:

sorry…it doesn’t have a loading animation yet…and is not yet compressed either…

I don’t get anything with that link.

pom 0]