MC resizing to browser size?

Hi all. I was wondering how the main window (not the intro) on the Godsmack site automatically resizes to the browser size of the visitor. Take a look at the site here: http://www.godsmack.com/

Any ideas? I’d like to try this effect on my next project. Don’t be afraid to respond in detail!

Thanks. :slight_smile:

File/Publish Settings

Click on the HTML tab and change the height and width to 100%

That is all there is to it.

But beware, sometimes this distorts images and text depending on the screen size.

Thanks for the response lostinbeta… but i still can’t seem to get it to work for me. I’m only trying to get an image… say 1000x600 reduce in size when the browser is minimized or reduced in size.

Really like your sig btw. Great site too.

So you are trying to resize a regular image and not a flash movie?

That is what it sounds like you are saying to me… and if so, it is impossible (or not so, but there is a way in Javascript that I don’t know how to do, but I am sure it exists) to resize a regular image on resize.

The image will resize with the Flash file if you export your .swf that way.

If I am misunderstanding can you specify clearer?

PS: Thanks for the compliments on the footer and site :slight_smile:

Actually, your original response was sufficient. I just needed to also adjust the 100%x100% in the html page in addition to the publish page in flash. Thanks again bud. :slight_smile:

This may seem like a small thing… but this opens many doors to things i couldn’t quite do before w/ flash on my web pages.

Here’s what I was trying to accomplish. www.dopamusic.com/ When you play w/ the browser size, it resizes… perfect! =)

Oh ok… I am always glad to be of help :slight_smile:

I tried that URL and I get an page cannot be displayed error.

Strange. It seems to be working now though. Perhaps my host was down for a few when you tried last night. :-\

Ah, yes it does work now :slight_smile: