Monopoly Money for All!

Here is one for you Phil, if you havenā€™t heard. The US Government is planning on adding colors to the 20, 50, and 100 dollar bills!

I for one think this is bull, they spent $53 million of tax payers dollars just to train people to use the new color presses. And that doesnā€™t include the cost of the presses, or the cost of the creation of the plates to use in the presses.

Not a very smart thing to do right now (or ever), and even considering they just changed those bills not too long ago!

Letā€™s call Parker Brothers and ask them how much they are making off of thisā€¦lol.

I donā€™t think it will thwart counterfeiters. People can find ways to do anything nowadays :-\

And yeahā€¦ I think there is more to it than counterfeiters. Not sure what, but there is.

You guys shouldnt be making fun of coloured money - us Canadains have had had funny money for a long time now :slight_smile: To be honest, I like it alot more. I can remember when I was visiting the US I would have a hard time telling what bill was what because they all look the same, I couldnt imagine what it would be like if I was at the bar and drunk! I would be handing out 100ā€™s thinking they were 10ā€™s and yellinā€™ Keep the change!

Then again, Canadian beer is like Moonshine to you guys in the states so I guess thereā€™s a good reason our money is easily readable, under almost any circumstance :slight_smile:

SureShotā€¦ see they didnā€™t release anything of what the new bills will look like. So I donā€™t know if it is colored money, or our money with colors in it. No clue.

But we have had this money for the longest time and now its just like ā€œwell letā€™s change it out of no whereā€.

Well donā€™t other countries have colored money?

How could you guys not want money with birds and hockey players on them? I mean comeon! hahahaha

OH NO!

Redbacks

Purplebacks

Orangebacks

Bluebacks

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

It sounds like a disease now :stuck_out_tongue:

Well I suppose as long as they donā€™t rename our currency and change all the values around, we can get used to the colors for a year or so before they change it again :stuck_out_tongue:

If I read the article correctly, only a small amount of color is going to be added. I didnā€™t get the impression they are going to change the paper, or change the color of the paper. This has been coming for a long time. They actually have a plan with several more ā€œcouterfitting reduction efforts.ā€ They wonā€™t release what they are, because of security, but they could include metallic strips, halograms, and making the different bills different sizes.

[SIZE=1]:: there was a special on the Discovery Channel a while back about it ::[/SIZE]

Phil: I am always hereā€¦ I may not be ā€œmaking any noise,ā€ but I am hereā€¦

lost: I know Phil is Curly, and you should be Moe, by default Iā€™m Larry? I donā€™t know if I like that analagyā€¦

:beam:

Rev:elderly:

Why do you say I should be Moe then?

And Rev: They do have the strips, and halograms. If you hold your money up to a light and look slightly to the side of the real portrait, you will see a halogram portrait inside :slight_smile: as well as a metallic strip.

lost:

Actually, that is a watermark, and an emulsion strip (kinda like film) woven into the paper with 20/50/100 photographically imprinted in it (if you have a real strong magnifying glass, you can see it). The metal strip would be about the thickness of a human hair, and the hologram would be of similar size to the seal, I think.

Moe:

You just seem to be the ā€œperson of respectā€ the most of the time. I canā€™t be Moe (I donā€™t have the hair for it anymore, Iā€™ll just end up looking like Friar Tuck) :stuck_out_tongue:

Ohā€¦ Watermarkā€¦ Hologramā€¦ same thingā€¦LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, well if you canā€™t be Larry either, then we canā€™t be the 3 stooges :-\

How about the 3 musketeers?

No way Curly!

I just got a weird visual:

The Three Musketeers, but instead of Dā€™Artanion, Phil as Curlyā€¦

LOL

:slight_smile:

lol

I always wanted to see the Stooges Scarsā€¦

oh Hazlenutā€¦

Do tell us more, @dwight10 . Bumping at 17 year old post at that, too :stuck_out_tongue:

Just a reminder that all links you post are set to be nofollow, so there wonā€™t be any SEO benefits.