Monopoly Money for All!

Here is one for you Phil, if you haven’t heard. The US Government is planning on adding colors to the 20, 50, and 100 dollar bills!

I for one think this is bull, they spent $53 million of tax payers dollars just to train people to use the new color presses. And that doesn’t include the cost of the presses, or the cost of the creation of the plates to use in the presses.

Not a very smart thing to do right now (or ever), and even considering they just changed those bills not too long ago!

Let’s call Parker Brothers and ask them how much they are making off of this…lol.

I don’t think it will thwart counterfeiters. People can find ways to do anything nowadays :-\

And yeah… I think there is more to it than counterfeiters. Not sure what, but there is.

You guys shouldnt be making fun of coloured money - us Canadains have had had funny money for a long time now :slight_smile: To be honest, I like it alot more. I can remember when I was visiting the US I would have a hard time telling what bill was what because they all look the same, I couldnt imagine what it would be like if I was at the bar and drunk! I would be handing out 100’s thinking they were 10’s and yellin’ Keep the change!

Then again, Canadian beer is like Moonshine to you guys in the states so I guess there’s a good reason our money is easily readable, under almost any circumstance :slight_smile:

SureShot… see they didn’t release anything of what the new bills will look like. So I don’t know if it is colored money, or our money with colors in it. No clue.

But we have had this money for the longest time and now its just like “well let’s change it out of no where”.

Well don’t other countries have colored money?

How could you guys not want money with birds and hockey players on them? I mean comeon! hahahaha

OH NO!

Redbacks

Purplebacks

Orangebacks

Bluebacks

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

It sounds like a disease now :stuck_out_tongue:

Well I suppose as long as they don’t rename our currency and change all the values around, we can get used to the colors for a year or so before they change it again :stuck_out_tongue:

If I read the article correctly, only a small amount of color is going to be added. I didn’t get the impression they are going to change the paper, or change the color of the paper. This has been coming for a long time. They actually have a plan with several more “couterfitting reduction efforts.” They won’t release what they are, because of security, but they could include metallic strips, halograms, and making the different bills different sizes.

[SIZE=1]:: there was a special on the Discovery Channel a while back about it ::[/SIZE]

Phil: I am always here… I may not be “making any noise,” but I am here…

lost: I know Phil is Curly, and you should be Moe, by default I’m Larry? I don’t know if I like that analagy…

:beam:

Rev:elderly:

Why do you say I should be Moe then?

And Rev: They do have the strips, and halograms. If you hold your money up to a light and look slightly to the side of the real portrait, you will see a halogram portrait inside :slight_smile: as well as a metallic strip.

lost:

Actually, that is a watermark, and an emulsion strip (kinda like film) woven into the paper with 20/50/100 photographically imprinted in it (if you have a real strong magnifying glass, you can see it). The metal strip would be about the thickness of a human hair, and the hologram would be of similar size to the seal, I think.

Moe:

You just seem to be the “person of respect” the most of the time. I can’t be Moe (I don’t have the hair for it anymore, I’ll just end up looking like Friar Tuck) :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh… Watermark… Hologram… same thing…LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, well if you can’t be Larry either, then we can’t be the 3 stooges :-\

How about the 3 musketeers?

No way Curly!

I just got a weird visual:

The Three Musketeers, but instead of D’Artanion, Phil as Curly…

LOL

:slight_smile:

lol

I always wanted to see the Stooges Scars…

oh Hazlenut…

Do tell us more, @dwight10 . Bumping at 17 year old post at that, too :stuck_out_tongue:

Just a reminder that all links you post are set to be nofollow, so there won’t be any SEO benefits.