More listbox issues

Hi masters of flash,
need some more help. I’m trying to create a listbox or any other type of scrollable textbox with names in them. Each name is supposed to do this:

on (release) {

_root.popup.container.unloadMovie("container");
tellTarget ("/popup") {

_root..popup.gotoAndPlay("zoom");
}
_root.popup.container.loadMovie("images/GustavHedwig.jpg", "/popup/container");

}

on (release) {
_root.zoomMC.mapMC.tX=945;_root.zoomMC.mapMC.tY=25;_root.zoomMC.tzoom=110
}

I’ve tried Kirupa’s tutorial and I don’t know haw to change the function. If any of you could help that would be great. Thanks J

Why do you have 2 on (release) for? And what do you mean by on (release)? You mean when you click on a listbox item?

Last thing, you don’t need to tellTarget if you’re using the dot syntax:

on (release) {
    _root.popup.container.unloadMovie("container");
    _root.popup.gotoAndPlay("zoom");
    _root.popup.container.loadMovie("images/GustavHedwig.jpg", "/popup/container");
}

on (release) {
    _root.zoomMC.mapMC.tX=945;_root.zoomMC.mapMC.tY=25;_root.zoomMC.tzoom=110;
}

pom :cowboy:

Thanks for your help again. Maybe if you take a look at the prototype website at: http://www.familiewolff.net you will understand my issue.

If you go under “stammbaum” in the menu you will see a familytree load. If you press any of the names the tree moves into a certain place and a pictures pops up.

So now I would like to ad a list box wit all the names of the tree which can do the same action as when you press them in the actual tree. Ie. you preess a name in the list box a pict pops up and the famtree moves into place. Any ideas.

Thank again for your help …
j

You helped me before with the listbox and loading swf. That worked great. So if I use that method could I attach this as to a swf that I load to control the mc i’m loading into?:

on (release) {
_root.zoomMC.mapMC.tX=945;_root.zoomMC.mapMC.tY=25;_root.zoomMC.tzoom=110;
}

The question I have is how to attach it. With what function. Obviously it is not on release. If you have a min could you please help me. Thanks. J

A few things:[list][]I couldn’t open the site[]If you don’t tell me what your variables are, it’s going to be hard for me to understand what you want to do[]if you want to attach something, use attachMovie. Do you know how to use this function?[]last thing, the code should look like the previous one. You don’t have a on (press), but a function that gets the name of the item pressed, and then attaches the right clip from the library. Or course you have to use setChangeHandler. Like last time[/list]pom :cowboy:

I’m sorry i’m not making sense. I’m not sure why you could not open the site. It should work. I tested it both mac/pc. Th ething is the “stammbaum” button in the menu works at this point. www.familiewolff.net

So far you told me how to load swf from a listbox. That works great. now is there a way when the swf when loaded into the main movie perform an action in the main movie? Like position an mc in the main menu with this:

_root.zoomMC.mapMC.tX=945;_root.zoomMC.mapMC.tY=25;_root.zoomMC.tzoom=110

Well. thank you again for your help. J