Movie manipulation

this is probably dead easy but… here goes. I’ve go a movie clip and I wan’t to control it with three buttons. each of the buttons should make the clip play to a certain frame in the movie clip from it’s current position. any way to make this happen?

alright I’m going nuts here. I can use the tell target-play actions to start the movie playing from it’s current position, but I can’t figure out what I need to use to stop the movie at a certain point without putting stop actions on the frames. anyone? please help!?

you can have the buttons set a variable and at each frame you would like the clip to stop the clip can check that variable.
example:
you have a clip with 200 frames. you want the buttons to tell the movie to play up to 50, 100, 150, and 200.
at each frame put this code:
if(_root.nFrameLimit==_currentframe){
stop();
}
and on the buttons have this code:
on(release){
_root.nFrameLimit=50;
_root.mcMovie.play();
}
and repeat that same code in all the buttons with the values 100, 150, and 200 for ‘nFrameLimit’ in the different buttons.
i haven’t tested it but it should work fine.
:slight_smile:
jeremy

brilliant! I’ll try it and let you know. I knew it would have something to do with variables but I don’t know how to use them yet. thanks!

that totally worked!!! thank you.