Movieclip Query

Hello,

I am looking for some assistance or even just to be pointed in the right direction.

I am currently making a website on flash as part of my course, and it is my first time really working on web design with flash and actionscript.

Basically, so far I have my website set so there is a preloader which then takes you to a “Enter” button, after clicking the enter button what I want to happen is there be a movieclip which just simple brings in my menus which I have set up.

My problem is, after the clip has played I want it to go straight to the “Home” which I have labeled on the timeline, the home page is identical to the end of the movieclip except all the buttons work.

This is where I get stuck, I can get the enter button to play the clip, I can’t get the clip to go to the “Home” section after it has played, the movie clip is only 2 seconds long but I really want to keep it in the design and has started to drive me insane as I can’t seem to figure it out!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

James

5 minutes later I got the answer, basically I didn’t realise that I had to use _root.

So it is now working, after adding

stop();
_root.gotoAndStop(“home”);

However, I shall no doubt be back!