[MX2004] Extended Transformation of a MovieClip by AS (2.0)

[center]Hello Kirupa Community,[/center]

i am developing a kind of (near-)isometric engine (in Actionscript 2.0), kinda simple, which is using MovieClips as wall or floor textures.

This is the Wall texture i have:

[center][/center]

[left] [/left]
[left] [/left]
[left]This is what i would like to have:[/left]
[left] [/left]

[center][/center]
[center] [/center]
[center] [/center]

[left]The height is always 1.5 times the width. Its a simple skew transformation.[/left]
Currently i have two possibilities:

[list]
[]I am creating the finished wall in photoshop, save the file as PNG (because of transparent areas). Because i cant import PNGs at run time, i need to create all possible textured walls. A lot of work if i have a lot of textures (Say, i have about 200? :))
[
]I am importing the original Texture into Flash, and perform a free transform directly in the MovieClip. I still have a lot of work because i have to do this to each textured wall!
[/list][color=darkred]I would like to do this transformation in Actionscript, so i could import any texture JPG at the runtime (LoadMovie) and just need to have the File names stored somewhere or retrieve them and so on.[/color]

I didnt find any possibility to perform a skew transform to a MovieClip in Actionscript…

Another problems with Floors:

This is my Floor texture:

[center][/center]

And this is what i would like to have:

[center][/center]
[center] [/center]
[center] [/center]

[left]The transformation is just like this: Rotate by 45 deg. (CW) and reduce the height of the finished transformation to 1/2.[/left]
[left] [/left]

[left]i am able to apply the _rotation and _height transformations, but the second transformation is always applied to the root object, which often might be very helpful, but right now its not.[/left]
[left] [/left]

[left]This is what i get, but i dont want it:[/left]
[left] [/left]
[center]:puzzled: [/center]

[left] [/left]
[left] [/left]
[left]Can anybody help me? :ne: [/left]
[left]Thanks in advance![/left]

put the graphic in a movieclip (i.e. lets call it aaa) in another Movieclip (lets call it bbb)
and then
bbb.aaa._rotation=45
bbb._yscale=50

Wow, ok its simple! :smiley: Thanks! This will solve the second problem! Anybody has a clue how to perform the skew transformation? :puzzled: