Need help in a big way. I've been up for 3 days!

[SIZE=1]I have a series of 20 movie clips in a FLA doc.

10 are used for animated buttons which I set up in an Array and then created a for loop and event listeners like so:

stop();
var theClips:Array=[studiosbox_mc,rentalsbox_mc,videobox_mc,musicbox_mc,thewirebox_mc,photosbox_mc,eventsbox_mc,aboutbox_mc,contactsbox_mc];[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]//for loop

function addListeners():void {
for (var i:uint = 0; i < theClips.length; i++) {
theClips*.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_OVER, onMouseOver);
theClips*.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_OUT, onMouseOut);
theClips*.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_DOWN, onmouseDown);
theClips*.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_UP, onmouseUp);
theClips*.buttonMode=true;
theClips*.useHandCursor=true;
}

The other 10 movie clips are used for backdrops for the different sections of the site. So if a particular button is clicked the corresponding movie clip animates in and stops.

[COLOR=Black]here is where my problem starts
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Black]what i need to happen is when another button is clicked i need for the previous background movie clip to animate out before the new one initiates and rolls in.

I have also set up the background movie clips in a for loop and set up an ENTER_FRAME event listener…

Here is that bit of brilliant code:

var theBacks:Array=[open_mc,studios_mc,thewire_mc,rentals_mc, videos_mc, music_mc, thewire_mc, photos_mc, events_mc, about_mc, contact_mc];

//the for loop:

for (var k:uint = 0; k &lt; theBacks.length; k++) {
    theBacks[k].addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, loadCurrent);

}
function loadCurrent(e:Event):void {
    catchAll = addChild.currentFrame;

**and this is where I am stuck!!

**Note… all the background movieclips have appropriate animation setup… frames 0-21 fades in the background and stops at 21…so I need some how to detect if any one of the movie clips is on frame 21 if so play out the rest of the animation before the next background movie clip plays in.

**Please Help… would appreciate any advice you can give…

Thanks, Michael
**[/COLOR][/SIZE]