New browser window

Ok, I followed every tutorial I’ve found. I can get it to open a new browser window without toolbars and such and with specific dimensions when just doing it to a test file, but when I try and add the code to my flash file, I publish and Internet Explorer experiences an error.

Line: 1
Char: 1
Error: Object Expected
Code: 0
url: file://C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\web\menu.html

I have compared the html code with that of the successful tutorial and The code is identical. Please help me understand this.
I am using IE 6.0, windows XP home, and Flash MX 2004.

Welcome, shakazulubro. :stuck_out_tongue:

… Are you testing it within Flash? :-
If so, the window is launched using JavaScript, and JavaScript is interpreted by the browser… which means that you’ll need to test it on your browser. :slight_smile:

No, I publish and then load it using IE 6.0. I don’t understand what could be wrong, because line one, character 1, is an “<”. And it is only part of the code that describes the language that the file is encoded in as is natural with any product I have seen macromedia produce that edits html files. Thank you though for the suggestion.

Why don’t you post your code then? :slight_smile:

Good Idea.

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=“JavaScript”>function popup() {window.open(‘http://www.mamma.com’,‘’,'toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,width=500,height=275,left=200,top=200);}</script>

That is on the html page. The AS that I put on the button is simply:

on(release){geturl(“Javascript:popup()”;)}

A little sloppy I know, but it works on the test file I made.

I loaded it again in IE6.0 and a new error message came up. This error is on loading the page. The other error was on clicking the button. the new error is:
Line: 7
Char: 166
Error: Unterminated String Constant
Code: 0

Line 7 of the html file is the first piece of code I listed above.

You didn’t close the string in the features attribute.

<script languaje="JavaScript">
function popup() {
	window.open('http://www.mamma.com','','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,width=500,height=275,left=200,top=200');
}
</script>

Thank you so much. I knew it had to be something little like that.

Yep, no problem. :wink: