New model: Nissan 350Z

I’m not trying to pull him down, I could care less if he is a good designer or not, but it’s the type of attitude from you guys that doesn’t make him stop, you saying “oh he could have designed it himself”, that’s is such an ignorant comment to make, and I would expect that out of a kid. But this is serious…glad you guys see that.

Actually, it looks like he took a screenshot of the site and then clone tooled the text out, and added his own stuff. Look at the marks in the same spot, can you really call that taking the general idea? Anyway, I don’t want to get too involved in this ripping stuff, nothing good ever comes out of it.

Its an awesome model, great materials work.

I do see the resemblance by the elements he obviously borrowed from blitz. While I would not do something like that it is not really a rip. But I do agree he borrowed some elements. Ya3 just out of curiosity would you mind posting a wire of that green bug you did?

Yea the buggy got me shocked. Such smoothness…

This is my last post on this subject, you guys are really dense, “borrowed”, give me a break man, he did just as Colin said, took a screenshot of the guys site, and RIPPED the bar, clone stamped the crap he didn’t want, and called it his own. Ripping is serious, and I guarantee that if blitz studios would see this, they would tell him to take his website down, or change it before legal actions were taken.

Didn’t someone say that you can use someone else’s work, only to make yours better.
Well I don’t think a little footer with the same color is a big deal.

You do have a point. But I’m not taking sides yet.

If Ya3 can prove he has the source files and/or the wireframes, then obviously he didn’t steal this car model.

I’m not even talking about the car though, I have no proof if those are his or not, I’m just talking about his credibility to me isn’t really that strong right now.

We’ll have to wait and see.

well my friend pointed me to a free mesh site that has that precise car with the precise color. While they could be from the same tut no 2 models will look the same mesh wise. But rendered they could look the same. I am just curious I could careless actually. But on the site thing. Zao please watch who you call dense or you will find you posting previledges severly restricted. But I do see your point on the elements on his site.

well, as long as the buggy isn’t his one:

http://www.suurland-media.com/images/portfolio_stills_newbeetle_vray_front.jpg

then I’m cool.

They have different materials.

Ya3’s one looks more onto the single color and vector side.

The one you provided has reflections and everything. Amazing work though.

I doubt it is that one. But it is not much to change the render props and scene and delete poly’s. Anyway I dont want to fuel this anymore than it has, Forget my request. Its better to let sleeping dogs lie.

Yep. I just hope now I can whip out some 3D :beam:.

DDD, I wasn’t trying to be rude, sorry if you took offense to that.

apology accepted. There really is no other way to take it when someone calls you dense.

I know, I just get worked up over rippers, I absolutely despise them

whoa whoa whoa whoa guys!!!

Concerning my website:
I AM A RIPPER!

If you consider taking the bottom bar graphic from blitzds.com and adapting it to my site ‘ripping’ (which I totally agree with), then yes, I am a ripper :frowning: I don’t know what I was thinking when I built the website, but I realise that it was wrong to steal elements from someone else’s hard work.

I’m not exactly sure how to apologise for it… but, I’m sorry, if that makes any difference. Yes, I’m a ripper and I realise it. So… what am I gonna do? Well, I am trying to make a new website: version5 :smiley: I actually have been trying for a long time, but it’s not really happening… The ideas will come to me, all in due time… just not in the form of someone else’s website.

You can have a look at one concept I have: http://www.deviantart.com/view/8134442/

It’s not much, but it’s a start. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to re-create the same atmosphere as version4, so I’m trying to make something completely different… I’m going for a more ‘hi-tech’, brushed metal, fast-moving feel with plenty of techy-gizmo sound fx :slight_smile:

As for the cars, I assure everyone that they are 1337% my own work!!! :stuck_out_tongue: (unless you consider taking 2d blueprints from a website and building a car out of them ‘ripping’). Oh, and I intentionally left the roof off the Beetle - for a small car, I think you need all the ‘open-ness’ available :slight_smile:

Over and out. :wink:

EDIT: whoever send me the message from my site claiming to be ‘[email protected]’… please dont. thats not the way to do it.

ANOTHER EDIT: Just as proof for the cars, there’s some wireframe WIP’s of them in my gallery: http://ya3.deviantart.com/gallery

yea…I think I may close this thread unless it gets back to your fantastic model. I almost bought into the hype but lets get it back on track.

Ya3 - that was one heck of an apology. Convinced me :thumb:.

Do you have any other models that aren’t cars :)?