No thumb in scrollbar and space after text

i am a newbie flash designer. a client has asked me to make modifications in a flash file used on his website. it is flash 8 actionscript. i am currently working on the same and would appreciate your help. the client has given me ‘mediacenter.swf’ file which i decompiled using sothink decompiler 4.5 build 90120 to ‘~mediacenter.fla’. it also creates ~mediacenter.flp and the mx folder. the xml folder resides in the same folder as ~mediacenter.fla. it contains mediacenter.xml and news.xml from where the data is read. you can download these files at http://rapidshare.com/files/257237626/scrollbar_thumb_missing_and_space_after_scrolling.zip

i discovered a problem - if you view ‘mediacenter.swf’ - when you click on 'awards’and scroll to the bottom, you can see that there is no space after the text. the end of the text aligns with the end of the scrollbar. this is correct. but when you click on press releases and scroll to the bottom, you can see that there is space after the text which is incorrect. the end of the text does not align with the end of the scrollbar.
also when you click on awards, the scrollbar has a thumb, which is correct. when you click on press releases, the scrollbar has no thumb, which is incorrect

please help me to resolve this problem.

my additional questions are:
has the creator of the swf file used some unique scrollbar code or is this scrollbar provided in flash itself. in this case, i can read a tutorial to understand it better.

i have given ‘correct - scrollbar has thumb and no space.jpg’ and ‘incorrect - scrollbar has no thumb and space.jpg’ to further explain my query.

please tell me if i have explained my problem properly or further clarifications are needed.