Novice help: Flash/SWF file to detect the URL the browser is currently on

Hi, I’m still a bit rough around the edges with web coding. I’m mostly an art/design oriented person but am trying to learn some new things. I’m currently working on a test site for myself as a self-learning piece that will be a CSS laid out site with some Flash elements. Anyway, I’m completely stuck on this current problem…

I will be placing a SWF file that will live on each page but will need to do different things based on which page the browser currently is on. It’s nothing complex…will probably be something as simple as "on enter frame, if the browser is on this page ‘http:www….’, then jump to frame ‘#’ ". This is how I’m placing the SWF file through the CSS…

—<object type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” data=“myFile.swf” width=“200” height=“50” title=“My Flash” align=“left” id=“flashButton”>
<param name=“movie” value=“myFile.swf”/>
<param name=“quality” value=“high” />
<param name=“wmode” value=“transparent”/>
<param name=“autostart” value=“true” />
<param name=“allowScriptAccess” value=“sameDomain” />
<param name=“FlashVars” value="? ? ? ?" />—

I read that “FlashVars” was the start of how to do this but as you can see in that last line, that’s as far as I got on the CSS side. I have ZERO clue how to make the SWF file detect that value or detect the page the browser is on and then do something with AS3. Does this all make sense? I’ve searched through books and online for a little over 6 hours today and have not been able to figure this part out. Is it a simple line of code I need in the flash file or am I embarking on more than I can handle at this stage?

Any coding help would be greatly appreciated or if someone knows a tutorial to point me towards. Thanks in advance.