OMG This is the most amazing site I've ever seen

Well, SF is not what it used to be:P

It was fun during the bubble (both jobs were a couple years ago) lol

A lot of life is just being in the right place at the right time :ninja:

My suggestion is to enter every contest you can findā€¦ donā€™t worry if you think you are good enough. Eventually you will be, if you arenā€™t already. In the mean time the learning experience is incredible, and sometimes the right people see your work. :cool:

Right now I am at that stage where I get just enough clients to survive (granted I live in a very expensive town). But at least I am survivingā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

Rev:elderly:

Iā€™m in the slightly more awkward position of being in England. It always seems more difficult for English web developers / designers to get work for major companies.

Luckily I now do work for a big company. Well, big over here anyway. :slight_smile: But if I were to go freelance or whatever Iā€™m not sure how long Iā€™d last.

Hey Rev

You mentioned entering into contests. Do you mean award sites or is there web contests I donā€™t know about. Could you mabye suggest some good contests?

Sintax: Wuts up with the avitar? Kinda freaked me outā€¦

What is scary about Iassic Washington. Heā€™s a cool guy who always has the right advice (and a drink). Plus the women love him:) =) :stuck_out_tongue:

Any of the ā€˜old-timersā€™ (ezboard days) Remember Phils scetchy Pic of that really creepy guy? lol :crazy:

:beam: :beam: :beam:

What day does GTA:VC come out for where you live? Itā€™s scheduled for the 29th here which gives me 13 days to go but I might be wrong. I just want to keep my counter on time.:slight_smile:

Itā€™s not out till november 8th in denmarkā€¦ :*(

*Originally posted by sintax321 *
**Hey Rev

You mentioned entering into contests. Do you mean award sites or is there web contests I donā€™t know about. Could you mabye suggest some good contests? **

I posted a couple a week or so ago, but I see them on different forums all the time. Also, Macromediaā€™s newsgroups sometimes will announce them as wellā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue: Whenever I see one, I will post itā€¦:goatee: I donā€™t think award sites do much but pad the egoā€¦ but that is just my opinion:cool:

When I was in design school, there were a ton by companies, but then again, the climate has changedā€¦ :*(

Yes eilsoe I feel your pain. I do feel real bad that you have to wait like 11 extra days to get GTA:VC. I think the only way for me to shake the guilt I feel will be to play GTA:VC on the 29 for like 10 hours in a row. Iā€™ll be sure to discribe to you in full detail all the new fun and excitment the new game has to offer:) =) :stuck_out_tongue:

Just kidding man. I do realy fell bad that you have to wait. I will be sure to keep my excitment down to a minimum untill the 11 when we can all talk about the game.=)

Hey Rev
My ego does need a good stroking so mabye Iā€™ll start to submit to some awards sites.:stuck_out_tongue: I here they can also help increase traffic to you site. Thanks for the tip iā€™ll check out some of macromedisā€™s news groups and see what I can find.:slight_smile:

Sintax: It comes out the 29th as well, but I am picking it up the 29th so I am not really counting that day. :slight_smile: Makes it seem like its a day less, so I get it a day sooner. :):):):):slight_smile:

Eilsoe: Iā€™ll play extra just for you! :):stuck_out_tongue:

Sintax: every bit of exposure is good exposureā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

wellā€¦ mostlyā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue: with some you might get arrestedā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue: oh, wait you are in Canadaā€¦ isnā€™t it legal up there? :x

Just kiddingā€¦ at least I didnā€™t make a ā€œnufieā€ jokeā€¦ :-\

I wish it was leagel but sadly it isnā€™t and itā€™s a good thing you didnā€™t make a ā€œnufieā€ joke (Iā€™m a flat lander).HAHAHA:P

Actual in Canada we treat Newfoundland as itā€™s own counrty. Weā€™re trying to get rid of Quebec also. Want to buy it. Weā€™ll sell it for real cheap.=)

Rev,
no offense but your portfolio kind of made me dizzy. its also really got no colour (no iā€™m not british, just trying to start a revolution, but britts are really cool, so no offense).:cowboy:

mike:cyclops:

no offense taken, that is why I asked for input:)

the lack of color is to show the work, not the design of the pageā€¦ :-\

I am going to change it soon anywayā€¦ I just canā€™t leave it aloneā€¦ :-\

how bout $2 for Quebec?:evil:

Ok but you will be paying way to much. I was only looking for a penny. So then it is a deal you are now the offical owner and king of Quebec(you poor sucker).HAHAHA:) =) :stuck_out_tongue:

probably in Canadian Dollars, thoughā€¦

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: that makes it about rightā€¦

Ya thats like close to $4 dollars Canadien so I make a killing off that sale.:stuck_out_tongue:

Thats why I would like to get some jobs from the states. I can do it at close to half the cost and still make the same amount as someone charging twice as much.