Online Store problem- How much to charge for prints?

Hey everyone!

I am going to start making 8x10 prints of the pictures on my photos page. The problem is, i do not know how much to charge. I was thinking of this because for the frame, the print, and shipping will cost me around $15. I dont know what would be a resonable price, because i want to make a little profit with out over charging.

Please post your feedback.

Thanks!

$35???

bumpp

well, how are the users going to buy them? b/c if you’re using paypal or credit cards, then you’ll have to take a service charge into consideration as well.

really, i wouldn’t pay $35 for the photo above. i’d say 19.99 for that. $5 profit on each photo is reasonable.

i think alex’s photography is great. you should charge at least $35. you have a frame, postage, print, and then profit. :wink: and dont forget i get the one with the ducks.

cool, thanks for your support gina:)

it would be cool if you offered larger sizes, but i think $30-35 would be a good price for those ones :thumb:

have you considered not framing them b/c people usually like to pick out a frame that fits in with their furniture, etc.? or maybe having a few frames to choose from?

ps. am i missing something? everyone else posting sounds like they see other photos but i’m only seeing one.

Photographic prints generally range from 20USD to 200USD depending on the size, quality, and style. Very few sites actually sell prints with frames, largely because of the added shipping cost.

I’d say it’s a safe bet to just sell them from 20-35USD, without a frame. You make more money and you don’t scare off potential buyers with high prices.

How are these bad boys going to be printed off?

ps. am i missing something? everyone else posting sounds like they see other photos but i’m only seeing one.

i have about 15 pictures on my site that i am going to print.

How are these bad boys going to be printed off?
i am goin to order prints of the pictures threw a printing company for the highest quality.