Open Discussion for New Site Ideas

Well, it’s about that time again - when I decide, once again, that I need to come up with an idea for a new website for my Worlds conceptual RPG. I’ve had many half-hearted attempts, and many more failures, but I think I’ve worked out why these other attempts have failed so horribly, and that is a combination of a lack of planning, and time to work on it. What I would like to do, if I can gather enough support here, is to kind of have an open brainstorm with as many minds as possible. My strength in web design, and design in general, is my ability to take a concept or idea from someone else, and make it look good, but my weakness is making my own concepts look good, so that’s hopefully what this thread will help me with… :beam: I hope.

For those who don’t know, Worlds is the PC based, nigh-Pre-3d- Final Fantasy-style RPG which I have been slowly writing for about 3 years now. The basic idea is that there are infinite Worlds that exist within seperate universes, and a careless scientist finds a way to travel through the Ether (a sort of anti-substance which seperates each reality, and acts like a purple/blue quicksilvery goo) to these other Worlds. Eventually, a group of very different people (and other) learn of a timeless sentience which wants to dissolve all matter into nothing, so that it will have absolute power.
If you want to read more, you can find my Design Document on my server.

The general concept for the site that I have right now is this:

I want the site to get people interested in the game, and want to play it. That’s pretty straightforward. I would like to do it with Flash, but probably more like a hybrid of HTML with Flash to accent the page - kind of the way Kirupa’s site is. I like the way it looks. Also, while I’m not too big on Flash intro’s I think I may want to make one for this site…

My idea would be to have different sections for the following:

Main - which gives updates on how the project is progressing, as well as interesting snippits of info about the game

Info - goes into detail about the concept, and some of the story

**Cast **- this tells about some of the characters in the story, each with their own little bio-screen, and details

**Worlds **- this should show a few of the worlds in the game, and give some details.

**Special **- for other special things, like promotional give-aways, downloads, etc

Staff - THe people contributing to the project (anyone helping me here will get a mention if they would like)

The names of the sections are tentative - in fact I don’t like them very much…

Well, thats all I have right now… anyone who would like to contribute - even if its just a “You know what would be cool…”, please feel free to do so! I need all the help I can get! And once I get enough ideas together, then I’ll start putting it all together.