Opening links in presized windows?

Let me know how that goes.

I have now published (only the first link to test it) and when I click the close button I get an error page stating “The page cannot be found” instead of the main web

Would you mind checking it out to see what I mean?
page.http://www22.brinkster.com/laranelson/

Which link on your site do I click on to test it?

load multiple SWF’s then that will load the html file that contains the swf file. I published it and put it up in html as you suggested.

Ehew, I see what is wrong here. When you copied and pasted my code, for some reason the board put a space between java and script

it is one word…

javascript:close()

…like that

“it’s the little things that make us appreciate life” That is funny, I can’t believe I did not even think of that. I will fix it now. Thank you

Let me know how it goes after you fix it:)

I remember learning Javascript. Even a missing “;” (or an extra one) can make or break your code. It drove me nuts, but I got the hang of it. I love Javascript now:)

do I use _blank, _top? in the code to close the window? I have tried this on the movie with the frame action to load all the movie on level one w/ all the buttons, I tried putting a button on the level 0 movies, I tried with it as an html and as an swf. I am totally doing something wrong. Right now it is in an html and the button to close is on level one(the one that loads the movie w/ all the buttons)

http://www22.brinkster.com/laranelson/

any Ideas??

I would think either _self or _top. If it doesn’t create an error, then don’t put anything there at all and try that.

maybe i will just put a js link to close in the html for now:)

Hold on, I am going to figure this out RIGHT NOW. I am opening up Flash as we speak.

I included a .zip file. It works like a charm.

Code use =

on (release) {
	getURL("javascript:close();", "_self");
}

THis is what I have now.

thank you

The file attached works great now!

it is closing out the main page, my page. What i was hoping for is that the files could be viewed and can just close the window when done then choose another file to view, but this closes the whole browser session. Thank you tho, we are gettin’ closer:)

I thought you were going to pop open your experiments in a pop-up window. That is why I sent my popups.txt file in the beginning of this thread.

It would be easier that way…load it up…close it out.

If you aren’t popping up windows, try using this on the button instead…

on (release) {
getURL(“java script:history(-1);”, “_self”);
}

This acts like the Browsers “Back” button and will take the viewer back 1 page.

“The page cannot be found” I tried _self and _blank.

You have to go to that page from another link first. If you just go to it, then it won’t work because it is taking you to a page that never existed.

So if you were to click on the link from your site and open up the .html page. Then click on that link. It will bring you back to your main page.

Try it:) It should work.