Passing of Time action script

Is it possible to program a simple script depicting the passing of time? Not necessary a timeline but rather a time code.

My intention is to animate and integrate a 3D city (into Flash or Director) that is deteriorating/declining over time.

I just might fake it in the end.

i.e.

Scrolling 24 hrs
Days
Weeks
Months

thanks,
[email protected]

i dont really get what you mean…but you can use the date object to retrieve the current time from the computer :slight_smile:

Let me rephrase my dilemma. I need to create a series of numbers that will indicate time lapsing by. IOW, fast forward or speed up and analog clock by spinning the minute and hour hand to indicate the passing of time; i.e. Time Machine effect.

But I want to achieve the same effect but with a digital read out that is fast forwarding or counting by the days and months.

Make sense?

well this is what i came up with…you can modify it slightly to do months, days, years, etc…

min = 0;
sec = 0;
hour = 0;
_root.createTextField("bob",0,200,100,300,100);
_root.onEnterFrame=function(){
	sec+=2;
	if(sec>=60){
		min+=1;
		sec=0;
	}
	if (min>=60){
		hour+=1;
		min=0;
	}
	_root.bob.text = hour+" : "+min+" : "+sec;
}

If you want it to go faster, increase the value of secs incrementation… :slight_smile: hope it helps…

Bezzer, thanks for the response.

I’ve created 3 individual dynamic text fields named each: min, sec, hour. When the movie is tested on three fields show “0”, and nothing is counting.

How do I activate the script?

Thanks.