Pay Pal questions

Hey!

I have a few questions about Paypal as far as security wise.

1.Is it safe for making online transactions?

1. Is it reliable? Paymentsā€¦ etc

2. if you are a member with pay pal, have you came across any problems.

I am thinking of using paypall for my online store, but i need to know more information about it.
Thanks for any help in this matter.

its the best thing in the world. i use it. everyone uses it . such people for

music stores (tdcollins (dont know if i spelled it right haha))
web templates (mtechnik)
ebay (most sellers)
most sites accepting donations , (soon to be mine usin it:P)

there are so much wonderful things it can be used for and its 100% safe and perfect,

Paypal isnā€™tā€¦ exactly 100% safe. Go to www.paypalsucks.com for more info.

But most of the bad things said are just exaggerations. Overall, itā€™s ok. As long as no one find out your password or some buyer suing you, you are good. =)

EDIT Itā€™s alsoo got some kool features like the instant online transfer thingieā€¦ where a buyer pays, and paypal can automatically execute your script, emailing the buyerā€™s info and stuff. Itā€™s pretty neat - I use that for an automated bookstore :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve been using paypal for 5 years, never had 1 problem. Itā€™s the best thing since sliced bread.

1. The only thing you need to be weary about is the sinister ā€œDump bank account funds to Paypalā€ button that they place RIGHT NEXT to the ā€œSend/Receive Paymentā€ button.

2. PayPal is about as reliable as Microsoft is known for making buggy operating systems.

3. Yes, try as hard as I may, PayPal will not take in toenail clippings in exchange for credit. Even if theyā€™re 12" long and able to kill small furry animals with one fell swoop.

if youā€™re worriedā€¦just set up a second bank account and keep a low ballanceā€¦if someone stole my whole $20ā€¦i really wouldnā€™t be that upsetā€¦

I love it manā€¦ I even have a paypal card where I can go to any bank and withdraw funds :slight_smile:

Actually ALL of my income from web work goes to my pay pal account. And they really donā€™t even charge me that much.

I have a paypal card tooā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hey! Donā€™t rain on my parade, Iā€™m the only one in who has a paypal card and thats final :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:lol: digital. How can paypal not charge you much? I receive a $500 payment, for example, and it takes away 20 dollars :expressionless:

I ordered one, never got it, but they think they sent it to me. So now they send me like PI-thousand emails a day telling me to activate my non-existant card.

shakes fist

If it werenā€™t for the fees they take out of whatever money you get, paypal would be even better. Overall, I like paypal though :slight_smile:

paypal is meant to be a way for everyone to take and make credit card payments, at less of a cost to you than a merchant account would be through your bank. Itā€™s % is less per transaction than a merchant account. How are they supposed to make their money if they didnā€™t charge anything?

I have one of those paypal debit cards as well, itā€™s so awesome. I use that to get stuff online instead of having to put in my bank card. I think itā€™s ā€œfront storeā€ attitude protects people more than it hurts. Unless youā€™re careless with your passwords and account info, thereā€™s very little chance for you to have a problem.

I canā€™t be a stronger advocate of paypal. I sure wish I had gotten paid for all the people Iā€™ve referred to them.

Ok but look at it like this:
Letā€™s say I do work for a company outside the U.S. right, paypal makes it so convenient that Iā€™ll gladly give them $20 for a $500 transfer.

Basically, I donā€™t have to wait for a check in the mail and I also donā€™t have to wait for that check to clear. So instead of having to wait at least a week to get my money, I can get it in seconds.

So I really donā€™t have a problem with them taking money. Also if you didnā€™t have a bank account you would have to pay a check cashing place anyway.

I hear ya though, it would be ace to have them take less but I think itā€™s still well worth it. :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve never actually used PayPalā€¦ Gotta give it a try one of these days.

//offtopic:
OMG UNFLUX! the Crimson Chin!!! omg what show was that off?

Thanks for all the feedback!

i am currently waiting for paypal to deposit a small amount of money to my account so i can confirm that i am the account holder.

=)

Ya I use paypal i even got one of my credit cards banned because i guessed soime stupid number they were goingto send me through the mail since my card ends in 3***

It expires next year so when i get my new one iā€™ll just enter that one into pyapal

hahahah paypal are having a class action against them!! :smiley: