Pay Pal questions

Hey!

I have a few questions about Paypal as far as security wise.

1.Is it safe for making online transactions?

1. Is it reliable? Payments… etc

2. if you are a member with pay pal, have you came across any problems.

I am thinking of using paypall for my online store, but i need to know more information about it.
Thanks for any help in this matter.

its the best thing in the world. i use it. everyone uses it . such people for

music stores (tdcollins (dont know if i spelled it right haha))
web templates (mtechnik)
ebay (most sellers)
most sites accepting donations , (soon to be mine usin it:P)

there are so much wonderful things it can be used for and its 100% safe and perfect,

Paypal isn’t… exactly 100% safe. Go to www.paypalsucks.com for more info.

But most of the bad things said are just exaggerations. Overall, it’s ok. As long as no one find out your password or some buyer suing you, you are good. =)

EDIT It’s alsoo got some kool features like the instant online transfer thingie… where a buyer pays, and paypal can automatically execute your script, emailing the buyer’s info and stuff. It’s pretty neat - I use that for an automated bookstore :slight_smile:

I’ve been using paypal for 5 years, never had 1 problem. It’s the best thing since sliced bread.

1. The only thing you need to be weary about is the sinister “Dump bank account funds to Paypal” button that they place RIGHT NEXT to the “Send/Receive Payment” button.

2. PayPal is about as reliable as Microsoft is known for making buggy operating systems.

3. Yes, try as hard as I may, PayPal will not take in toenail clippings in exchange for credit. Even if they’re 12" long and able to kill small furry animals with one fell swoop.

if you’re worried…just set up a second bank account and keep a low ballance…if someone stole my whole $20…i really wouldn’t be that upset…

I love it man… I even have a paypal card where I can go to any bank and withdraw funds :slight_smile:

Actually ALL of my income from web work goes to my pay pal account. And they really don’t even charge me that much.

I have a paypal card too… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hey! Don’t rain on my parade, I’m the only one in who has a paypal card and thats final :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:lol: digital. How can paypal not charge you much? I receive a $500 payment, for example, and it takes away 20 dollars :expressionless:

I ordered one, never got it, but they think they sent it to me. So now they send me like PI-thousand emails a day telling me to activate my non-existant card.

shakes fist

If it weren’t for the fees they take out of whatever money you get, paypal would be even better. Overall, I like paypal though :slight_smile:

paypal is meant to be a way for everyone to take and make credit card payments, at less of a cost to you than a merchant account would be through your bank. It’s % is less per transaction than a merchant account. How are they supposed to make their money if they didn’t charge anything?

I have one of those paypal debit cards as well, it’s so awesome. I use that to get stuff online instead of having to put in my bank card. I think it’s “front store” attitude protects people more than it hurts. Unless you’re careless with your passwords and account info, there’s very little chance for you to have a problem.

I can’t be a stronger advocate of paypal. I sure wish I had gotten paid for all the people I’ve referred to them.

Ok but look at it like this:
Let’s say I do work for a company outside the U.S. right, paypal makes it so convenient that I’ll gladly give them $20 for a $500 transfer.

Basically, I don’t have to wait for a check in the mail and I also don’t have to wait for that check to clear. So instead of having to wait at least a week to get my money, I can get it in seconds.

So I really don’t have a problem with them taking money. Also if you didn’t have a bank account you would have to pay a check cashing place anyway.

I hear ya though, it would be ace to have them take less but I think it’s still well worth it. :slight_smile:

I’ve never actually used PayPal… Gotta give it a try one of these days.

//offtopic:
OMG UNFLUX! the Crimson Chin!!! omg what show was that off?

Thanks for all the feedback!

i am currently waiting for paypal to deposit a small amount of money to my account so i can confirm that i am the account holder.

=)

Ya I use paypal i even got one of my credit cards banned because i guessed soime stupid number they were goingto send me through the mail since my card ends in 3***

It expires next year so when i get my new one i’ll just enter that one into pyapal

hahahah paypal are having a class action against them!! :smiley: