Planning a lottery game

Hiya, I’m planning a lottery-type game and wondered if some of you guys would give me your input and thoughts on my plan. Any help is really appreciated.

Here is what the game needs to do: Each user gets a ticket and then joins a game. The user will have a virtual wallet and has to pay for each lottery ticket. The ‘lottery machine’ will then pick out random numbers until one of the players wins, then a new game is started. This is to be a multiplayer game a number of users can play simulataneously online.

Here is how I plan to tackle it: I plan to create custom classes to manage the game: the player class, the lottery machine class, the ticket class and the wallet class and define how these classes will work with each other. As this is to be a multiplayer game I’ll be using the XML socket class connected to a .net server that will generate the ‘lottery balls’ and push them as xml. Each user will have to have their own unique ID registered with the server when they start the game so the server knows who’s won.

Thanks in advance for any of your thoughts :slight_smile: