Playing frames backwards

I’m not sure if this is possible or not, but could you use an AS to play the timeline backwards? Or play a MC backwards? Could someone help me? Thanks in advance. =)

Try this…

http://www.actionscript.org/actionscripts_library/main/search.cgi?query=Play+Backwards

wow, I barely got up to get a drink and you already replied! :stuck_out_tongue:
That link you gave me will be very useful, thanks a lot! =)

No problem :slight_smile:

that tutorial looked like it overdid what you are trying to accomplish… but i only glanced at it… an easy way i found though is just

onClipEvent(enterFrame)
{
this.gotoAndStop(this._currentframe - 1);//goes to the previous frame
//here just stick an if statment saying if it hits the first frame gotoAndStop(the last frame)
}

thats a simpler way… and you dont have to put this code within the movie clip you are trying to make play backwards… you can do it from a different movie clip or whatever and access it with _root.whatever instead of this. but the concept is the same…

hope this helps

I haven’t tried your method yet, but it does look less complicated then the tutorial above. Etheir way I’m sure both methods would work. Thanks guys. =)

dunno exactly what you need to do and didn’t look at the tutorial suggested by lib, so sorry if it’s redundant:

_root.mySexyClip_mc.onEnterFrame = function() {
if (condition) {
this.prevFrame();
}
};

I haven’t been able to test out any of these methods, but I’ll let you know once I do though, thanks for helping. =)