Please Help me

Here is the site that is under development

Site Here

In each browser I am having different display problems and I dont know how to fix them. I really want the site to be up and functioning correctly, but I am having a hard time figuring out what to do in regards to display in other browsers.

In IE6 the site displays correctly for the most part, except the left hand column where team news is, is messed up and doesnt expand correctly.

Firefox, IE7, Safari: I used fixed background images through CSS for backgrounds for different tables due to my interface created in photoshop. On some of the pages they are invisibe, soem pages the spacing is wrong, and an array of other problems which seem to be rooted in a background as an image, i need to fix that.

I really need some help here. I think the simplest way for you to comprehend my ramblings would be to view the site in IE6 and click around, then view it in firefox or an alternate browser and look how messed up it is. Keep in mind the background images i used in IE6 and see the difference in the other browsers.

I dont know what to do about the cross browser support. Please someone advise.