Please help on this image

hi guys,

I have attached an image which has on the edge of the man has a lighting a glow effect. What do you call this effect and how can I do this in photoshop?

I hope someone can help me, i’d like to search kirupa but i don’t know the exact effect of this.

thanks for the people here who will help me.