Please Help! Please!

Hello to all. This is my first post to this forum and I am joining because I have a real headache on my hands.

[SIZE=2][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/SIZE]Is there any way to have an external file dictate the state of various MovieClips in an SWF file? And then, if changes are made due to interaction, the external file is updated and saved for the next session?

I guess another way of asking: is there a way to import ActionScript from an external file, and then update and/or save any changes to that file after interaction with the SWF?

What I need to design is a system where a student’s profile is saved and is called when the SWF is opened. The profile dictates what the SWF shows. For instance, if there is a list of 5 modules and the student has already completed two of the modules, then the profile would tell the SWF to load, “mcModule01_complete”, “mcModule02_complete”, “mcModule03_notstarted”, “mcModule04_notstarted”, “mcModule05_notstarted”.[SIZE=2][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]
[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]As a student progresses through his/her session, the SWF files needs to send information back to the profile to update. So, perhaps the student completes the third module during his/her session. The next time the student loads the SWF page, the profile would indicate, “mcModule01_complete”, “mcModule02_complete”, “mcModule03_complete”, “mcModule04_notstarted”, “mcModule05_notstarted”.[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/SIZE]