Preloader Problem

I’ve never made a preloader before, so I don’t know much about them. [This ] is the tutorial I went to, and I followed the directions and it didn’t work. The animation was like 340 frames and nothing came up. I pasted the code right and followed the next steps but it didn’t work. Anyone know whatsup?

ok in the preloader scene

make a bar then drag it in the main stage, name it in the instance as bar

now the action

in the layer action go to frame 2 and add this code

if (_root.getBytesLoaded() != _root.getBytesTotal()) {
    gotoAndPlay (1);
}
setProperty ("bar", _xscale, (_root.getBytesLoaded()/_root.getBytesTotal())*100);
per = (_root.getBytesLoaded()/_root.getBytesTotal())*100;

hope it will help you

*Originally posted by flash_legend *
**ok in the preloader scene

make a bar then drag it in the main stage, name it in the instance as bar

Aight, the preloader scene? So I’m going to have a minimum of 2 scenes? One of the preloader and the rest for the animations?

And what do you mean make a bar and drag it to the main stage? And name it in the instance? Hmm… Can you kinda put them in like beginners terms and kinda explain a little more? I appreciate it.

i will make the file for you and i will zip it

so please give for a short time and i will add it in the forum

Thanks man. I really appreciate it.

ok pal this is the fla

hope you get the benefit from it

see you

That didn’t really help much because I don’t know how it works or anything. I don’t know how I can make it load anything…

Do you know of any good tutorials? Or anything that can show me what the things in the .fla actually do?

No one?

well… there is flash kit where you will find tones of toturial there including preloaders

also there is actionscript.org …there is tutorial there which will learn you more