Problem with dynamic text and external swf's, help please

Hello,

When I load one of my external swf’s into my main movie, the dynamic text I have written doesn’t show up. The text is there when I preview the external swf on its own and when it loads the main movie it’s there but can’t be seen for some reason. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong and a way to fix it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

P

Embed the fonts;)

scotty(-:

Actually i think it might be a path issue.
You probably have some _root reference on your external movies, and when those are loaded into your main movie, _root is not ‘pointing’ to the right place anymore.
Probably removing the _root will solve your problem.

You’ve got a point there=)

scotty(-:

Actually, another problems now popped up. I tried to embed the fonts and they are now showing up in the main movie (Thanks for the advice!).
What’s going on now is the font looks blurry in the main site but not on the external swf. I followed the tuts on pixel fonts and everything looks correct when I preview the external swf.
Would the font look blurry in the main file because text field coordinates of X and Y are not at whole numbers? I have them set at whole numbers in the external file.
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

The mc you load the external swf in, should be on whole pixels too. And be sure that that mc isn’t scaled, check it in the transform window.

scotty(-:

Sorry, I’m trying to figure out how to change to whole pixels on my main movie and it doesn’t seem to be working. Is this supposed to be changed on the main movie or the movie clip that is my content layer? It seems it keeps resetting. Could you please spell out for me how to do this because obviously I am a bonehead :)! I keep trying to find the correct tutorials but no luck.
Thanks for all the help and sorry if this is any inconvenience!

P

Also, I have embedded the fonts through the properties, that’s what seems to be resetting after I change to whole pixels. Is there another way to go about this?

myMC.loadMovie("someSWF");
myMC._x = Math.round(myMC._x);
myMC._y = Math.round(myMC._y);

Make sure that all MCs and textFields are on whole pixels and not being scaled.

You can use the above when you load/attach your movie to ensure proper integer x/y placement.

Just remember – if you don’t want aliasing, make sure all instances of text and any MCs that contain text are on whole integer x/y pairs. As long as that’s covered, you shouldn’t have any problems with fuzzy text.

I just would like to thank everyone for their help here, I figured it out though. There was an X-coordinate off by .5. Problem solved :). Oh man that was bugging me, I knew I was doing it right!

welcome=)

Ok, I have a similar problem this is the as for the swf I am trying to load into my main movie

loadVarsText = new loadVars();
loadVarsText.load("http://www.fuleproject.com/calvin/news/display.php");
//assign a function which fires when the data is loaded:
loadVarsText.onLoad = function(success) {
	if (success) {
		trace("done loading");
		//Now that we know the data is loaded,
		//set the text content of the Text Field
		//with the instance name "scroller" equal to the 
		//contents of the variable
		 scroller.html = true;
scroller.htmlText = this.var1

} else {
		trace("not loaded");
	}
};</

This is the as to load that swf

onClipEvent (load) {
	loadMovie("http://www.fuleproject.com/calvin/news/news.swf", "_root.image_mc");
}</

The text has fonts embedded and no root references in the first swf. I have tried several threads’ solutions and I have come to the conclusion that I have a syntax error that i can’t find or…who knows what. Can someone help me out here. Scotty…you da man!

Can you post your fla’s?

scotty(-:

Heya Scotty, It seems to have fixed itself, actually I think it was because my server has some latency on newly uploaded files. How frustrating is that?!

Thanks Scotty, you need a blue suit and a cape!